What's your career/job?

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by =Jwin=, Oct 5, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. oakvad

oakvad Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Im an operator at a chemical plant, we make amonia, urea, and co2. pretty sweet job, the urea they use to make explosives for alot of the coal and gold mines around the U.S. and is also used as fertlizer and cattle feed.

2. Click Here!

3. Gexx

Gexx Giant Squid

haha im 14 and the only money i get is from christmas, birthdays, and mowing lawns. still have no idea how i can afford this tank.

4. Kelley11

Kelley11 Peppermint Shrimp

I am the CIO for a health center in Porterville, California. I have been working with computers for about 30 years now (god that is scary to think about). Beyond work, I serve on the local Chamber of Commerce Board, PTA, Coach Lacrosse and do some side work.

5. Reefjack

Reefjack Astrea Snail

Formerly an EMT (2yrs), then Radiologic Technologist (Xray Tech - 7 yrs). Now a Systems Administrator (3 yrs) of a large midwest internet service provider, and have always been an aspiring novelist (31 yrs:p). Probably going back into the medical field soon, I miss it more than I thought I would.

6. Redside

Redside Astrea Snail

I'm a Facilities Maintenence Tech for a nation wide Pet Hospital. I cover all sixty some hospitals in Colorado, Utah, Arizona, New Mexico. Luckely I do not have to contend with the evil cats and drooling dogs, I just keep the buidings from falling on there heads.

7. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

Ahh man your so lucky not having to work with cats their a PITA to work with, rabbits are much worse though but in a different way

8. Click Here!

9. vegasfish

vegasfish Feather Star

I'm a :policeman great pay and benefits where I work. You get to do something different everyday.

10. pwsk

pwsk Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

public works we build everything from roads to even a soccer field now were getting ready for snow

11. Triplemom

Triplemom Pajama Cardinal

This is part of my problem - the tank is in my home office. I can be typing up somebody's bypass surgery, turn my chair a little....oh, there's the tank! Scoot over, stare into tank. Oh, wait - the bypass surgery! Back to work.....

:) My degree is in accounting. That was my career pre-triplets! Jwin's dad is a CPA - he's always bugging the boys about majoring in accounting. They say, "No way." ;D

Agreed!

12. Triplemom

Triplemom Pajama Cardinal

It's tough figuring out what you want to do. I majored in accounting because it "sounded good." I did enjoy my work, but now I work in a non-degreed field! After Jwin and his brothers were a few years old, I started getting a little antsy. I thought about doing seasonal tax work, but I hate doing my own taxes (even though my husband is a CPA, I still get stuck with the taxes). My accounting work was in healthcare, so I decided to try medical transcription. I built up to having my own company with 17 doctors, but the stress was incredible. After we moved to TN 10 years ago, I ended up working for 2 hospitals here in town. Much less stress and I still get to work from home. I do question putting the tank in my office sometimes (way too distracting)! I'm so thankful to have been home all these years with my boys and have a flexible job! :)