What's your career/job?

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by =Jwin=, Oct 5, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. nwfd1725

nwfd1725 Purple Spiny Lobster

I am a Firefighter/Emt-Iv in middle tennessee

2. Click Here!

3. DaDaAtlanta

DaDaAtlanta Feather Star

Masochist, oops I mean Medical Student, oo! whats the difference!

4. Telgar

Telgar Snowflake Eel

:idea2::idea2: :idea2::idea2::idea2::idea2::idea2::idea2::idea2: :idea2: :idea2::idea2::idea2::idea2::idea2::idea2:
    Let me know if you take this route, i'll need 2 weeks to update my certs and then i'll join you in a duel roll of Head Divemaster / company Mathmatician
    :LolLolLol:stars::juggle2::oops::skull::trampolin :sunny:

5. =Jwin=

=Jwin= Tassled File Fish

Telgar, that's one of my backup plans if the poop hits the fan in America. If I have to leave the country, it's off to Australia where I'll try and run a diving/fishing company off the GBR. Where it'll just be me, my boat, my wife and kids, my motorcycle, and I'll be getting paid to scuba dive, fish, and show people the GREAT Barrier Reef :)

If I stay in America but my career falls into the abyss, it's off to Miami or Denver to run a boat/diving thing or something involving skiing. I've worked in tourist traps all my life anyways...:D

6. =Jwin=

=Jwin= Tassled File Fish

You know, I just thought of something. I have worked at tourist traps most of my working life, aside from the retail jobs I've had which I hated. But I've worked at a summer camp, at the Tennessee Aquarium, and now I'm at a flippin' corn maze, and I've loved all of those. So why not major in something like General Management and minor in Outdoor Recreation Management? Then I could go work at some ski resort in Denver, which is where I'd love to live. If Engineering flops...I actually really like the idea of that. Hmmm...

EDIT: Ok it'd be a major in General Management with a minor in Leisure Studies (I think?)

7. 32Boom

32Boom Coral Banded Shrimp

That is THE coolest job so far.

I'm 15; so no "real" job yet. But I do pay for my aquarium ventures by building and repairing stringed instruments... violins, violas, cellos, basses, sitars, erhus, guitars ect. It's mostly fixing up pre-1900 violins for re-sale.

I guess I'm in the same boat as =Jwin= as far as not really knowing what to do. I've been kicking a few ideas around tho, male nurse, luthier, marine biologist (low demand vs high supply... sigh), something in marketing or investing, idk. My Dad is a stock broker/insurance agent in the senior market. It's kind of the family thing, but it doesn't really sound like the most überest job. I think above anything else, I would like flexibility in a career.

:confused:

8. Click Here!

9. nctinter

nctinter Skunk Shrimp

Window Tinting fool in sunny florida

10. invert phil

invert phil Millepora

North Yorkshire, England, Europe, Earth, Milkyway,
    I'm an aquatic research analyst. I have a fantastic job and work with a great team of people.

1 person likes this.
  11. Yuri Kapustin

Yuri Kapustin Coral Banded Shrimp

Im a advanced materials engineering student and currently own a automotive design consulting firm.

12. baugherb

baugherb Giant Squid

Nurse :)

1 person likes this.