What's your career/job?

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by =Jwin=, Oct 5, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Bunner

Bunner Bubble Tip Anemone

Jwin, I used to be like you didnt like the math but enjoyed the sciences. Once you apply your boring knowledge of math it actually helps make it make more sense and (if you can say this) more fun. hahaha

when i went to college I did a crap load of analytical chem....lots of math now in my carrer not so much

2. Click Here!

3. =Jwin=

=Jwin= Tassled File Fish

Well one thing that is turning me off to math is that my college's math department is horrid. Bleah.

Anyone know if Civil Engineering has less math compared to Mechanical? Looking at the drawings and the design of our new recreation center, I wanna do that! Or I'll move to Australia and start a great barrier reef diving company and be done with it :D

I just wish all the fun jobs paid better :(

1 person likes this.
  4. marc1986

marc1986 Skunk Shrimp

I have a boring cubicle job...pays the bills...I'm a Senior Analyst for an Insurance company in the retirement division.

Sounds boring??? It is sometimes...lol

5. bama

bama Humpback Whale

Full time student.. Occasionally I drill water wells if its worth the while as it is pretty time consuming and labor intensive. Also I occasionally buy old steel from a demolition site and sell it to a scrap yard for a marginal profit.. Getting my 2 degrees, Geology and Computer Sciences and I plan to do something in petroleum industry back in Texas..

6. bwalker9801

bwalker9801 Zoanthid

I don't think i could work a 9 to 5er it sounds like torture you never get a break but 2weeks a year usually.
    I have alot of people ask me how i can work on a boat 6 month's a year being away from my family,and the reality is i am at home more than them.plus the money isn't too bad either.

7. bama

bama Humpback Whale

I think being a captain of a tug would be pretty interesting work.. I have always wanted to go on one..

8. Click Here!

9. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

When I was in college I use to wonder where in the heck would I use 2x(x+3) at as I hated all that formula crap. It's funny how I use those formulas all the time now to figure things out. The hole world revolves around math, you have to accept it or spend your life flipping burgers at McDonalds.

No wait you will have to count the burgers on the grill so math is involved there so that job is out of the picture.......

You get the point. Don't choose a career because you don't like numbers. Just don't get into accounting.

10. bwalker9801

bwalker9801 Zoanthid

It's interesting especially when we get "larger Tows" like the Kennedy.

11. lfckenya

lfckenya Spaghetti Worm

what about biomedical engineering? theres ur science and physics.....
    otty, i was wonderin how u afforded all ur 'toys'! now i know,......its back to school and robotics for me!!!!!!

1 person likes this.
  12. =Jwin=

=Jwin= Tassled File Fish

I'll rephrase what I said...Mechanical Engineering is a little too "complicated" for my liking. Thermodynamics, rotational physics, etc. I'd rather build buildings. :) Or destroy buildings...I'm sure some Civil Engineers are in demolitions. Muahahahahah