Urgent What's wrong with my fish?

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by Seano Hermano, Sep 11, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

I've noticed my Coral Beauty Angel hanging out near the surface of the water, last day or two. She is mainly at the top, back corner, b/w the heater & the powerhead. She also has a lighter color spot b/w her eyes, that I hadn't noticed before. :confused:

I have no other fish.

The only thing I have changed(aside from the norm WC), in the past month, is yesterday I added powerheads(2 koralia nano 425's). Before that I only had a babbler/air pump for surface agitation.

I have a tetra whisper 30 HOB filter for filtration. I feed seaweed strips everyother day, & feed pellet food every two days(alternate between the two).

My temperature has been at a constant 79.5-79.7 degrees F.

2. Click Here!

3. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

The white spot sounds like laterial line disease ( hole in the head disease ) angels and tangs seem to be prone to it. It is usually asymptomatic though, so since it sounds like the fish is sick with something else I would first look to parameters.

4. Seano Hermano

Lights are out now so I can't get a picture. I'll try tomorrow. :(

5. Seano Hermano

crap. I've told many people about this when they had problems, but I guess it never occurred to me, that that may be what she has. How do I know for sure? I'd like to get this before it's too late. I just noticed the "spot" today.

6. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

I would say testing your parameters would be a good start.

The fish could be stressed from the addition of the pumps and the change in the circulation volume.

7. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

LLD should appear as a lesion or indentation. If it is a white rasied spot I would lean more towards fungal or bacterial. Causes are really unknown speculation is dietary issues, stray voltage, parameter problems and possible a pathogen, but it basically boils down to some type of stress. Treatment is usually related to improvement of diet and reduction of what ever stress is causing the problem. Some use a QT but what medication they treat with is up to speculation as well, it usually a wide spectrum antibiotic and fungal medication as well and sometimes antiparasitic.

8. Click Here!

9. Seano Hermano

I couldn't really tell if it was a bump or an indentation. Though it didn't look white...more like a yellowish, similar to the normal shade of yellow you may see on it's side scales.

10. Reeron

Reeron Blue Ringed Angel

Turn your tank lights on, take a pic, and turn them back off. Then we may have a better idea what's wrong.

11. Seano Hermano

I know, but she's in hiding now. I'll see what I can do.

12. Seano Hermano

NO luck with the picture.. :(