Whats with my torch?

Discussion in 'LPS Corals' started by Eli_The_Eel, Jul 27, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Eli_The_Eel

Eli_The_Eel Fire Worm

My torch coral is very strange looking when compared to your average torch. It seems to be disfigured with multiple white tips on some tentacles and they tend to be very crooked and straggly. I have the coral at the top of my tank with my 156w T5s right on it. it has a small amount of flow going through it, definitely about the same flow that Ive seen on other fine looking torches.

Here's a picture...

Torch.JPG

What's the deal?

2. Click Here!

3. Eli_The_Eel

Eli_The_Eel Fire Worm

4. Bogie

Bogie Snowflake Eel

Maybe try moving it somewhere lower in the tank with less light. It should start looking better a little while after you put it somewhere that it likes the light/flow conditions.

5. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

I agree with Bogie, try moving it around until you find the "sweet stop". They like moderate to bright lighting and moderate currents. Luna

6. NU-2reef

NU-2reef Montipora Digitata

how bout feeding it? i know that when my frogspawn started to widdle away it sorta looked like your torch . but i started to spot feed it cyclopleez mixed with brine and now it looks better than ever even sprouting new heads.

good luck.

7. Eli_The_Eel

Eli_The_Eel Fire Worm

I do actually stuff some primereef in his mouth every other week or so, and it definitely likes it. Ill try lower in the tank, Ill keep it posted...

8. Click Here!

9. omard

omard Gnarly Old Codfish

Too little/much light. Too little/much flow. Is located in too close proximity of another coral that it can't get along with...:-/

(Being wrinkled like that, makes your torch look really "ancient" --- I like the way it looks...8))

10. pwoller

pwoller Spaghetti Worm

I would move it down, t5's are intense. I would also feed it.