Whats the funniest NewB thing you did?

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by Kevin3884, Feb 27, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. cheeeezum

cheeeezum Plankton

lets see where to begin... still new, 2yrs now, but learning soo much the hard way.

first i learned that my cat dosnt like to swim.

then once belived that just cuz i found it in the ocean i could put it in my tank, not true at all.

umm, metal check valve, copper poisen

umm, check valve period.

um ran a sump next to a reufugium and pump out of sump but tried to rum 2 pumps from sump to fuge and back to sump, impossible, trust me.

added a 716 w halide system about 5 inches off water with no fan or chiller... water temp raised 6degres in 10 min before i realized what i was doing, cooking.

o yea and im with the guy that flooded the house 100 times club.

speaking of poor pluming on a overflow box led to water on a timer on a extension cord and a small electrical fire that caused me to buy the carpet in my apt.

umm didnt rinse carbod one time...

o, thought cayno was coraline and alloud it to spread everywhere.. i mean every frikin where... lol seriously everywhere, someone had to stop me when they saw what i was so ignorantly doing.

ok i think thats enough for now

2. Click Here!

3. Zeyphon

Zeyphon Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

I let my mom coax me into buying some 40$ monti frag when my tank was five months old, using crappy PC lighting and no alk/calc dosing. It turned into a pretty coral skeleton after a couple weeks.

4. ingtar_shinowa

ingtar_shinowa Giant Squid

Two words, Sunrise Dottyback

5. Travis45

Travis45 Scooter Blennie

lol ;d

6. nemovit

nemovit Astrea Snail

I bought a specific nassarius snail because he had a "goodie" hitch hiker attached to its shell. Later on, I found out it was aiptasia LOL.

7. Kriss

Kriss Astrea Snail

Only 8 months into the hobby but I did the above with all of my house plants!!! Also used the skimmate once lol took some washing through that did. I now have lots of new house plants lol ::)

Also stupidly had my T5s just sitting on top of the cover plates when I first set up & thought that the bulbs must be vibrating a lot as when the reflectors touched each other when I moved them they sparked a little & when they touched my arm when I had my hand in the water it hurt like hell!!! All seemed so obvious that that sensation was actually electrocution lmao.

8. Click Here!

9. Kristiavi

Kristiavi Coral Banded Shrimp

Wonder if the guy at the LFS laughed at after you left =] lol

10. starfish2217

starfish2217 Horrid Stonefish

one time I asked how much bubble algae cost :p because I thought it was pretty!