Whats the funniest NewB thing you did?

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by Kevin3884, Feb 27, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Redbeard

Redbeard Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

After 20+ years of keeping fresh water tanks, the first time I did a water change on a salt water tank out of habit I poured the waste water on the vegetable garden. I was just emptying the second 5 gallon bucket on the zucchini when I realised what I had done.

2. Click Here!

3. malac0da13

malac0da13 Torch Coral

Ouch did you kill it all?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

4. leighton1245

leighton1245 Horrid Stonefish

I think what I did was one think a aiptasia was a zoa so i tried to target feed it lol

5. SAY

SAY Ocellaris Clown

so when i first set up my 135g, i used all live rock that had different macroalgae growing on it. i thought it looked good and wanted to keep it but it was starting to grow out of control. So i thought i would get a desjardini tang to keep it "under control". i bought a guy that was about the size of a fifty cents piece and added him.....i can't even remember what that algae looked like now. he wiped it out in a little over two weeks. i would have never believed that something that small could eat that much if i hadn't seen it with my own eyes.

after reading some of the complaints about LFS, i will say that mine told me the fish would finish it off in less than a month and i didn't believe him.

My first lesson in why people grow their macro in a fuge. :)

6. sharkman121

sharkman121 Astrea Snail

I kept topping off with saltwater. Also i probably flooded the house 100 times.

7. Redbeard

Redbeard Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Oh yes, killed it all.

8. Click Here!

9. BlueWaters10

BlueWaters10 Skunk Shrimp

I was doing a water change and hand the other end of the hose in the floor instead of the bucket. I have stepped on 2 glass tops and broke them. But my worst mistake was buying a bottle of kick-ick.

10. Aaarrrggg

Aaarrrggg Plankton

Hehehe funny thread!

I've been doing SW for a few years but made a noob mistake while setting up my husbands new FW tank. We were arranging the air stones when I suddenly noticed there was water all over the floor! I was panicking, thinking we had a leak somewhere, but it turned out that one of the air stone tubes had formed a siphon and was quietly emptying the tank! Oops. :D

11. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

Funny avatar. :)

This is a good thread. Quite humorous a times...not so good at others.

12. BigJim

BigJim Spaghetti Worm

I didn’t know that ID and OD meant inner diameter and outer diameter when purchasing tubing and connectors. I managed to connect 3/4” ID hose to 3/4” OD connector after stretching it, twisting it and heating it for about a half hour. It seemed pretty snug but they both said 3/4”. Haha. I had to cut it off once I realized how stupid I was and bought the correct parts.