Whats the funniest NewB thing you did?

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by Kevin3884, Feb 27, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Kevin3884

Kevin3884 Tassled File Fish

Ok its been quite a while since I was a NewB in this hobby, but thinking back I did some things that I could now consider funny. Here is mine, please feel free to laugh at me, and then share something you did!

When I set up my very first tank, I did everything by the book.. I cycled with damsels, and then my first additions were 2 peppermint shrimp...well I let them in the tank by themselves for a few weeks and noticed "MY SHRIMP HAD BABIES!" So I tried to catch all i could find and put them in a breeder net...and i did so..for hours a day for about a week....then I learned...my tank had just matured enough have mysis and amphipods...I wondered my baby peppermints weren't growing!! LOL ;D

2. Click Here!

3. bama

bama Humpback Whale

I bought a skilter and a seaclone in the same week.

4. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

It's not very funny, but I ran a tank with no skimmer, no powerheads for probably 6 months.

5. fishyfinder

fishyfinder Teardrop Maxima Clam

I put 3 damsels in a 2.5 gallon.

6. fish-aholic 94

fish-aholic 94 Gigas Clam

The first time my fish got ick was the same time my pod population started. So I called a lfs wanting help with the ick, and I said it was so bad the “ick” was crawling on the tank walls :lol:
    At that time I didn’t know what pods where.:p

1 person likes this.
  7. xmetalfan99

xmetalfan99 Giant Squid

I walked in to a wall while holding the 20L I was going to be using as a sump. It did not survive.

8. Click Here!

9. Brennan

Brennan Gigas Clam

While I was making my sump I used a small box to hold up one of the baffles in the sump and after it dried I realized that I couldn't get the box out. I had to rip out the baffles and restart

10. fishyfinder

fishyfinder Teardrop Maxima Clam

sorry to hear about your wall. :(

11. dowtish

dowtish Horrid Stonefish

I got some carpet anemones from some collectors down in Fl. and a few days later my clown fish was missing...I looked and looked, and decided to pry the carpet off the rock and found my clown....more sad than funny.

12. PetMother

PetMother Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

When I first got my clowns the lights turned off and they went to bed in a corner... One was kinda floating and I freaked! I poked him and the little guy looked MAD. Well, turned out he was sleeping. LOL