What's the best skimmer for 72 gallon bow front

Discussion in 'Protein Skimmers' started by jdameli1, Sep 10, 2010.

1. jdameli1

jdameli1 Torch Coral

Looking for the best hob skimmer.

I'm confused on sizes??
  2. Click Here!

3. reefmonkey

reefmonkey Giant Squid

Eshopps PSK-100h. This skimmer will be more than enough and retails for around $150.00
  4. MoJoe

MoJoe Dragon Wrasse

Deltec MCE600 reatils for about $500 but is worth it, you get what you pay for: Deltec External Protein Skimmer MCE Series

No ugly pump in the tank, skims like a champ, includes a media compartment where you can run GFO, etc.

If you do want to spend the $ I can give you another site where it's $50 cheaper and marinedepot will pricematch it prior to the ordering.

Why get something and wonder if it's the best, why not just get the best and never wonder :). Sorry, I just loooove my Deltec, love it!

Actually, here's the site to price match it's going for $490.50 here: http://www.uniquecorals.com/drygoods/deltec-mce600-hang-on-skimmer-turbo
  5. reefmonkey

reefmonkey Giant Squid

No pump in the tank and you do get what you pay for. This Eshopps out performed and replaced my RO BF-1000hob.
    [​IMG]

Look at the black nasty it produces. I can't even run it all the time because my nutrient dependant softies and macros began to die off.
  6. country1911

country1911 Coral Banded Shrimp

I run a eshopps psk 150 in my 20l sump for my 72 bow. I think I could have went with the 100, but have been totally happy with the bigger one.
  7. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator Staff Member

I have a PSK 150 for my 75 and love it. I only have 6 small fish but am an inveterate over feeder and the skimmer doesn't produce skim-mate but once or twice a day and I skim wet.
  8. Click Here!

9. luvreefs23

luvreefs23 Millepora

atb makes a multi use skimmer....people who have used them claim they are the best. It can also be used in the sump later on down the road if u went with a sump. I love atb skimmers....have had nothing but success with their in sump models.