whats the best pc bulb?

Discussion in 'Reef Lighting' started by ollie51, Apr 5, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. ollie51

ollie51 Feather Duster

i plan to go to t5 ho soon (hopefully)but for now i have to change bulbs in this fixture , it now has 2 96 1 6700, 1 420 actinic would 10000 be better , heard 6700 more for fresh water. tank is mixed some lps ricos zoas leather ect any suggestions?

2. Click Here!

3. unclejed

unclejed Whip-Lash Squid

Yes, 10k will be much better.

4. kiarah

kiarah Coral Banded Shrimp

Hi i had t-10? and wanted to upgrade but didnt really want to run a MH due to the cost off purchuse & running. So i did some reserch & found 2 other produces : T-5 & LED lighting units. I reserched the pro & cons off both products & decided to go with the LED unit. In the uk they are very new so the pice was good... 4 led lighting units for £380 & they are very cheep to run! iI also purchused 2 t- 5 bulbs due to me panicing that they might not be as good as i have read! But i have been using them since christmaswith amazing results! my mushroom palps & ridicorda have mutipled like crazy! They have spread all over my tank and it looks stunning. the lights have a very good shimmer effect and i personally think they are a fantastic product.
    Thanks k

5. Dasco

Dasco Vagabond Butterfly

ya deff dont run 6700k they will premote sooo much algea, for for a 10k or a 12k or even 15k if you like that blue look.