What's it worth?

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Tanks' started by matt s, Feb 15, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. matt s

matt s Flamingo Tongue

Selling a tank setup, curious to know how much I should ask. The tank itself is a 30 gallon tall setup which means 24" tall, 24" across, and 12" front to back. It has a biobag filter system, heater, about 3" of natural rock, and several decoration pieces as well as a small flourescent light. In it I have an approximately 8" tiger oscar and a pleco that has fins a little rough from "playing" with the oscar. It sits on a decorative iron stand.

One corner was resealed by the previous owner, I've had it full for over 3 years with no sign of any leak but you can see the resealant and know it has been reworked at some point.

So what would it be worth? Also is there a better way to sell this such as is a large oscar worth more if posted for sale and shipping or ????

2. Click Here!

3. Bogie

Bogie Snowflake Eel

trade in the oscar and pleco for sme LFS credit, then sell it all as an empty setup.

4. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

+1. I would say $75-$100 for the tank/stand and misc items

5. LCP136

LCP136 Sailfin Tang

Unless you are leaving the aquarium hobby, what Bogie said is about right.

6. matt s

matt s Flamingo Tongue

not leaving the aquarium hobby but I am moving several hours away. The nearest LFS from where I'm at now is an hour off (other than a garden store that sells young fish) so really no market for the fish unfortunately. I'm asking $100 for the whole setup, if I could get $80 with or without the fish I'd be happy so sounds like I'm priced about right.