Whats in your live rock?

Discussion in 'Live Rock' started by hddoutside, Jan 2, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. hddoutside

hddoutside Fire Shrimp

I just found a clam with that came on my frogspawn base I it got me thinking about the polyp and mushrooms that came with one of my live rocks. so I want to know what came with yours?

my frogspawn is no more. it one day my little demon peppermint shrimp ate it all. 45 dollars in the belly of a shrimp. hope fully whats left well grow,cuz I traded the shrimp for some mushroom coral.:)

Last edited: Jan 3, 2010
  2. Click Here!

3. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn The Dude

A few sponges (that did not survive). Aiptasia which I killed. A got a zoa or two on one piece. A small mushroom that has since grown very large.......that's about it. I have heard of people getting actual fish as hitchhikers in their rock.......

4. mikejrice

mikejrice 3reef Affiliate

My hitchhikers were:

Aptasia (thought it was cool at the time because I didn't know about this forum)
    snails
    hermits
    brittle stars
    pods
    tiny stars
    little scallop that would swim in the water. Got caught by a powerhead:(
    feather dusters
    bristle worms
    sponges (mine died too)

5. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

Quite a few sponges, lots of feather dusters, brittle sea stars, asterina starfish, bristle worms, and a super adorable little snail named "Zeus."

At first my sponges shrank, but since my tank is more established they have flourished. I have about 7 and they are all different colors and seem like they are growing by the day.

6. somethingfish85

somethingfish85 Skunk Shrimp

i have gotten a few crabs ad different polyps and a sea urchin

7. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

I got feather dusters, snails, brittle stars, asterina stars, sponges, pods, clams on zoas, mushroom, crab, leather coral, aiptasia, nudibranchs, worms and I think an oyster though I can't tell, torch coral

Last edited: Jan 3, 2010
  8. Click Here!

9. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

Oh, I also got some of those annoying vermetid snails that shoot ugly, gross stringy things around my tank.

10. ZachB

ZachB Giant Squid

Vermetid snails (I kill them when they crop up), asterina starfish that are all over the tank, brittle stars, stomatellas, a couple tunicates, orange and yellow encrusting sponge, many bright red feather dusters which are now spreading all over the tank, some white dusters, pods, a gorilla crab which I hunted and killed, bristle worms, I could go on all day.

1 person likes this.
  11. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

nothing exciting on mine. Maybe a tiny sponge or two, and two clams. That's pretty much it. not very exciting

12. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

A clam is really exciting!!