What wrong with my lighting?

Discussion in 'Reef Lighting' started by alphozo, Jan 21, 2005.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. alphozo

alphozo Plankton

Very cool thank you, would two 175 MH drive the heat up like crazy?

2. Click Here!

3. m_lacom99

m_lacom99 Stylophora

[quote author=alphozo link=board=lighting;num=1106320448;start=0#10 date=01/21/05 at 11:40:06]Very cool thank you, would two 175 MH drive the heat up like crazy?[/quote]

maybe not like crazy but it will heat up. but it depends on the room your tank is in and where you live. I see your from IL so if you dont heat up your room to much in the winter you wont have any problems and if you have AC in that room in the summer it will help. It also depends how you setup your lights. I plan on putting a peice of glass between the bulbs and the water and use fans to disperce the heat out of the canopy. search in this forum and im sure youll find many diffrent threads on the subject and hint and tips on how to do it right. The basic thing is air circulation and the height of your bulbs over the water.

Marc.

4. reef_novice

reef_novice Astrea Snail

When you install MH it's sure put more heat on the surface of the water... You have to install some fans to pull out the extra heat...

Yves

5. reef_novice

reef_novice Astrea Snail

6. m_lacom99

m_lacom99 Stylophora

Everoone say hi to Yves... Thats my budy with whom i bought the MH for cheep... the link he posted is exacly what we bought... works great.

7. m_lacom99

m_lacom99 Stylophora

Karma for the good find on ebay.

Good job le gros.