What would you do?

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by Puffer Chick, Jan 13, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

What would you do?

Poll closed Jan 23, 2010.
  1. dont spend any more money on tank and keep as is

61.2%
  2. go ahead and finish stocking

8.2%
  3. sell the entire tank and ger new tank later

10.2%
  4. sell livestock and keep the tank

26.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

Alrighty so i have some tough decisions to make. At the end of the year/early next year i am planning on leaving home and *hopefully i will have saved up enough money to do so*

I have a few big decisions i need to make. I need to save money and pay off credit cards to be able to move out. I buy most of my tank stuff online so that's why my c.c. quickly rises and where most of my money goes.

Here's what i need to decide, i really need help i just dont know what to do. My tank isint fully stocked on fish and i have just started buying corals. And im really hesistant to buy new stuff for the tank right now, even though i want to.

1. dont spend any more money on tank and keep as is
    2. go ahead and finish stocking the tank
    3. sell tank entirely and get a new tank later on
    4. sell livestock and keep equipment and start up later

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. RedGambit

RedGambit Giant Squid

:p I'd say #2, but thats just me, #4 sounds more reasonable.

1 person likes this.
  4. divott

divott Giant Squid

id stop buying for your tank, harsh as it seems , the best way for you to be able to move out the right way. work on gettin your c.c whittled down. no sense payin high interest rates like that. then once youre ready to go, choose between 3 and 4

1 person likes this.
  5. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

yea that's kind of the way im leaning, but it just really sucks, but i know i want to move out of the parents house.

I wonder how much i'd be able to get for either the tank and the livestock, i'll probably make a thread for that down the line

6. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

yea thats what i want to do, but dont know

7. jonjonwells

jonjonwells Great Blue Whale

I would have to agree with Divott here.

It is extremely expensive to move. Get you CC down and save up. You can enjoy what you have now.

You can always try to do local coral swaps for frags as well. That would save some change.

1 person likes this.
  8. Click Here!

9. NeighborTomita

NeighborTomita Banned

Well, number 4 sounds more reasonable, and would probably save you more money in the long run since reselling stuff isn't worth what you originally paid for it. But you could also just stock it with non expensive fish and corals and enjoy it till you do move out. I mean, what's the joy of having a tank with all that expensive equipment if you can't enjoy it.

1 person likes this.
  10. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

yea i just hate the fact that i spent so much money on the tank and will more than likely have to sell it all for the for half the price i bought everything for, ive probably put around $3500 towards the tank and id probably get only half of that back, but more than likely less than half

11. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

Since you've already put so much money into your tank, and it brings you happiness, I think you should keep it and just not buy any more creatures for it. And like someone mentioned above you could always do coral swaps etc. to get some new stuff without spending money.

When it comes time to move, and you do have enough money, then you can go ahead and sell your tank. But don't sell it right away, because then if you don't move out you'll be bummed you don't have your tank anymore.

Enjoy it while you have it!! It's special to you.

1 person likes this.
  12. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

and thats my problem and i know the fish that i want to get but their kind of pricey, between the tank bred bangaii cardinal, mckoskers flasher wrasse, and red velvet fairy wrasse