What was I thinking?!

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by TheSaltwaterGuy, Dec 8, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. alpha_03

alpha_03 Bubble Tip Anemone

hey SW guy, since you previously stated "I gave a religion report" that leads me to consider you to be religious- if not, ignore what I say. But let me ask you this, does God want you to to fail- EVER? Or, is it you that has thrown in the proverbial towel? Is it not God that challenges us to do better? you said that you have had all this trouble with your tank, perhaps this is God's way of helping you get a better tank and set up- and there by teaching you something in the process. Go back and read what you have written- then give some thought to what I say. If you look real hard at it- I know you will get it.

Alpha

2. Click Here!

3. rogersjw

rogersjw Skunk Shrimp

Let us (mainly the pros here but I'll help if I can) what you are going to do next... What size tank, what you have currently, and your hopes for the new tank, and we can help you out. Personally, I've only been at this for 6 months... But I would do soooo many things differently if I had the 'opportunity' to redo it. It may ve the same with you....

Just look at it this way. You can take everything you've learned so far and make this tank awesome! And now that you know what NOT to do... You can NoT do them! :)

Keep your head up bud.

4. Brennan

Brennan Gigas Clam

Very good point but we have to take this situation from all views. God could merely be allowing SWguy to go through all these problems to show that his tank takes up alot of time and that it may be an idol in his life. God is a jealous God as said in Exodus 20:5 "for I the LORD your God am a jealous God,"

5. TheSaltwaterGuy

TheSaltwaterGuy Banned

Well I'm religious I guess I mean I had actually been interested in it for a while but I'm not like really really religious like some other people but anyway strangely enough the silicone seemed to hold for the night, but I have a feeling it won't hold out much longer because 1) the silicone is very old and 2) like you guy said it'll probably be useless when it gets totally wet. and NO my tank isn't my idol; i dont worship it but i just like setting it up and just watching it. Like I said before making a SW tank is fun yet freaken annoyin lol

6. ChrisBs

ChrisBs Purple Spiny Lobster

i killed a lot more than that

7. ChrisBs

dont give up man if this is something that you enjoy its something you need to do my firends see me look at my fish tank and are lke are you normal but i dont care i spend hours on my tank cleaning it and sometimes just staring i tried packing my gear up after a massive tnak crash were i lost around 27 fish but im still going press on dude if its a financial thing wait till you can save up for it just remember go slow mysel i have a 6 foot tank sitting in the garage just waiting for all the peices as its very expensive i buy something once a month and when i set it up it will be slow but wurely adding things to it makes me happy so i do it.. im sure some people here agree or are inthe same position

8. Click Here!

9. ChrisBs

heres some photos of my little dudes that might change your mind :D the yellow tang is my oldest surviver had him for 4 years now
    IMG_0845.jpg
    IMG_0827.jpg

10. TheSaltwaterGuy

TheSaltwaterGuy Banned

lol i think its working. well there are even MORE DAMN LEAKS! its practicaly on all sides of the biocube, kinda like the bottom part really, and losing s much water is so annoying because when i get home my pump needs water and the noise is so annoying!!!

11. TheSaltwaterGuy

TheSaltwaterGuy Banned

Well here's all my equipment:
    29 gallon oceanic biocube (comes with wet/dry filter, lights, return pump, blah blah blah)
    25 lbs live rock
    40 lbs live sand
    maroon clownfish
    RO/DI unit (spectrapure rocks!!!)
    29 gallon biocube stand (why not 30 gallons?!?! lol)
    test kits for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, phosphate, calcium, ph, alkalinity, all that fun stuff XD
    powerhead (not sure what kind)
    zoanthids
    favia
    random hermit crab (HE SURVIVED A FULL CYCLE!)
    ...yeah thats it for the moment. I really want to still keep a 29 gallon or 30 (whats the difference?) with a few soft corals, mainly zoas, mushrooms, and maybe something like a kenya tree, along with goby/shrimp pair and maybe some clowns and other inverts like feather duster or coco worm. just found another leak... woohoo....

12. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

The difference b/w a 29 & 30 is only upon the dimensions of the inside of the tank.