What was I thinking?!

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by TheSaltwaterGuy, Dec 8, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. TheSaltwaterGuy

TheSaltwaterGuy Banned

maybe. We'll see. I just have to decide for myself for sure whether im gonna quit for sure, but I probabbly am, so gimme so time to just adjust i guess. and btw for eveyone following along, I'm 100% sure that you guys haven't lost 1 kenya tree, 1 acan, 1 rhodactis mushroom, 1 ocellaris clownfish, 1 royal gramma, one falco hawkfish, 1 firefish, about 5 chromis, colony of yellow polyps, goniopora (I'm such an @$$! who knew it was so hard to take care of? At least I had it like for a month lol, very pretty btw), mystery frag (frogspawn or hammer), 1 flame angel, 1 golden sleeper head goby, 10 hermits, 4 snails, and 1 neon velvet damsel (well he's alive but barely). So yeah, I've screwed up a lot. Need to get away for some time :p

2. Click Here!

3. TheSaltwaterGuy

TheSaltwaterGuy Banned

Cube is still expensive I believe cuz it comes with wet/dry filter, so yeah...

4. TheSaltwaterGuy

TheSaltwaterGuy Banned

Thanks, and yeah I've heard of those a dollar a gallon prices at petco; very vey good lol but like i said again i need a break. thanks anyway

5. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

Just trying to help. Good luck in the future, TheSaltwaterGuy

6. TheSaltwaterGuy

TheSaltwaterGuy Banned

Thanks; hope to come back to 3reef real soon. Again, thanks for all the help everyone. Hope to see you guys soon.

7. Tropical Addict

Tropical Addict Bubble Tip Anemone

Very sorry to hear about your tank. After reading your recent post maybe this could be a good thing for you. It seems you have been freaking out a bit about high school. Relax, I'm sure you'll get into a nice groove with school soon. Maybe once that happens you'll have more time to setup a new tank.

8. Click Here!

9. BananaBoat

BananaBoat Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Not trying to harass you about getting out of your hobby, but you shouldn't give up. :) it's the glass on the bottom? I'd think that a crapload of duct tape would plug it, but it'd probably give away eventually. By the time I was your age, I'd lost a lot more than you. I'd lost 2 clowns, 2 sail fins, 2 hippos, 1 yellow tang, 1 flame angel, 3 blennies, 1 blue spotted Jawfish, 1 fairy wrasse, 2 snowflake eels, 1 leopard eel, 2 six line wrasses, and about a $600 dollars of coral. I'd bought it all myself, too. Ei allowance or gift money. I started with a 2 gallon tank, slowly worked up, and now ive got my main tank, plus about 25 10-20 gallon tanks set up in my garage. :) If shipping wasn't a problem, I'd send you a 30 gal right now to keep you in this hobby. :D

10. TheSaltwaterGuy

TheSaltwaterGuy Banned

Wow. that really means a lot; thanks. Well right now I'm putting up one hell of a fight..... well not really lol but I'm trying some silicone for the crack. I actually think there may be multiple cracks, but for now I'm just fighting yet ANOTHER crack in the tank on the side thats leaking. just used some silicone; only problem is that its old silicone, and there are more leaks cuz more water is coming out!!! :angry:

11. BananaBoat

BananaBoat Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Id take your fish out (into bags or bucket) and syphon the water out into a bucket. Fix the cracks, then put the water back in. :)

12. Bloodkip

Bloodkip Ritteri Anemone

imo, sell everything except your equipment, so when you come back you won't have to start over. Maybe next time start with a 55g tank.