What was I thinking?!

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by TheSaltwaterGuy, Dec 8, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Bloodkip

Bloodkip Ritteri Anemone

Get use to it, that's HS and up. Buy a 20g at petco.

2. Click Here!

3. TheSaltwaterGuy

TheSaltwaterGuy Banned

well I'm accustomed to it but I just don't like doing things twice in a row; it's really annoying, and I'm worried my grade will go lower if my presentation isn't as good as it was the 1st time. Either way I'm still at a loss.Kinda hoping that there's something I can do to keep this tank; i really don't know...

4. TheSaltwaterGuy

TheSaltwaterGuy Banned

Thanks 2in10; always supportive as usual :)

5. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

TheSaltwaterGuy,

I know the maddening frustration of the moment, it will get better.

Put up a picture of the crack and tank if you can.

And Petco/Petsmart have decent prices on a simple 10 gal. You can piece it together perhaps.

I understand if you have to break a right now from the hobby, but you will be back, that I am pretty sure of.

Good luck.

6. BananaBoat

BananaBoat Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

I'd donate a 10 gallon. :D or maybe a 28 soon... Might get a 125 and take some smaller tanks down.

7. Bloodkip

Bloodkip Ritteri Anemone

Can't you glue or tape the crack?

8. Click Here!

9. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

Really sorry to here this, SW Guy. :cry: That really stinks that you're having so much trouble with the tank...and school as well.

I see money is a big problem at times...for me as well. Dad gets frustrated at times; this hobby is rather expensive for a kid with no job. I'm not saying to quit.

If you do quit, please come back. You've been pretty helpful. You should be able to set up a new tank when you're on your own. Maybe keep your equipment & check out Petco occasionally. They have $1/gal. tank sales sometimes. You could start up when you're on your own or if you keep everything, start again where you are now. You could dry the rock out & reuse it.

lol. Tape won't do a thing.

2in10 said that silicone would be "risky at best". Personally, I've never done that before.

10. shecter

shecter Fire Shrimp

ill take the zoas if your really getting out might as well keep them alive. im right in ct

11. TheSaltwaterGuy

TheSaltwaterGuy Banned

Well thanks everyone and yes, I will be back. I just need to be away from everything saltwater right now, and unfortunately, that includes 3reef. Again thanks everyone, really appreciate it.

12. grinder37

grinder37 Whip-Lash Squid

Sorry to hear,whats the possibility of buying a replacement cube?,you can buy them just the tank by itself (like a replacement part) for alot cheaper than another whole cube setup.Just a thought...