What was I thinking?!

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by TheSaltwaterGuy, Dec 8, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. BananaBoat

BananaBoat Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Theres a possibility. With caution. Vie had 6 dwarfs in the last year, and ive never seen them nip. :)

2. Click Here!

3. TheSaltwaterGuy

TheSaltwaterGuy Banned

ok thanks. Well here's a little update: i took out a few pounds of sand and the leaking stopped for a while but theres still one leak i cant find. it just like builds up on the bottom of the plastic and the tank is filled so im thinking about what to do here :-/ took out a few rocks but still my tank is... looking mediocre at best. If i cant plug this leak up then i probably will have to start over which is kinda exciting IMO cuz i can get rid of past mistakes and starting over is pretty cool; you get a brand new clean slate to work on. Anyway wish me luck

4. TheSaltwaterGuy

TheSaltwaterGuy Banned

hmm i might take that offer for a free 30 gallon tank just yet

5. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

+1 to Bobos response. It's a 50/50 chance. Me...I'm gonna go ahead & try the angel in the reef.

That is a beautiful fish. btw.

6. TheSaltwaterGuy

TheSaltwaterGuy Banned

agreed. TANK STILL LEAKING THOUGH :angry: now i really think there is a crack, cuz water comes from under the tank. the weight? thats impossible; i took out like 20 lbs of sand and the sand and the rock was stable even before that...

7. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

Your outlook on a restart is perfect. Best wishes on however you have to go. I would suggest getting several 5 gallon buckets and putting your racks and animals in them with water from the tank. Empty out the tank completely and see if you can find a crack. I would guess the seal between the walls and the bottom may have failed.

8. Click Here!

9. TheSaltwaterGuy

TheSaltwaterGuy Banned

yeah thats what im thinking of doing. I think there a crack on the bottom of the tank glass though; that i havent been able to reach. I've only been able to stop the sides so far.

10. TheSaltwaterGuy

TheSaltwaterGuy Banned

Well still waiting a few days to see improvement; for some reason my dad wants the cycle to finish...? well anyway if this doesnt work out then im ready to start over; not throwing in the towel yet!

11. ReefDaily

ReefDaily Skunk Shrimp

This thread is long now so I don't want to read every page, but how fast is it leaking?

If you can't really find the leak it sounds like it could be coming from the seal of the tank. If it was brand new you might be able to get a replacement for free from the manufacturer (AGA has a 1 year warranty I believe)

12. jkuja913

jkuja913 Spaghetti Worm

They do. I just had to get a warranty ballast. There is actually a 24 month warranty on leaks. So if the tank is less than 2 years old, you are probably eligible for a brand new tank for free.