What was I thinking?!

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by TheSaltwaterGuy, Dec 8, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. TheSaltwaterGuy

TheSaltwaterGuy Banned

serpent stars look cool IMO but are they reef safe? i thought they werent for some reason. and what exactly is a CB angel? Thinking about ocellaris pair (hopefully BW or some interesting variation, what wud u recommend?), YWG/pistol shrimp pair, firefish maybe, and another goby or something, but I'll still gladly take suggestions! Wanna help me come up with a good list of livestock? (corals included)

2. Click Here!

3. BananaBoat

BananaBoat Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

There aren't just the Corsl Beauty and Flame. This link Dwarf Angelfish: Flame Angelfish and other Dwarf Angels should give you a good look. One of my personal favorites is the Black Nox. Not exactly... Colorful, but a great, friendly fish. and he looks awesome in bright light.
    PS: to add to my above list, a Longnose Hawkfish is a good choice, too.

4. TheSaltwaterGuy

TheSaltwaterGuy Banned

o yeah coral beauty=CB lol i got it. Longnose hawkfish is very pretty and cool, but i believe that it will eat small shrimp so thats not really good for me.

5. TheSaltwaterGuy

TheSaltwaterGuy Banned

cherub angel is very pretty IMO

6. BananaBoat

BananaBoat Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

CB means Coral Beauty.

And serpent stars are perfectly reef safe. Never eats corals, and he's a great scavenger. I think you might mean the Brittle Starfish. In a small tank, they (especially green ones) would be hazardous. But I've had the same Serpent Starfish in my nano reef for the last 4 years

7. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

CB = Coral Beauty Angel. It's a dwarf angel...the fish in my avatar, actually.

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=15 16 438&pcatid=438

I like the b&w occellaris. Skunk clowns are cool too. I saw some on Live Aquaria. I just don't like the normal ocellaris. It's like *the* cliche of this hobby. lol.

Ah, I forgot about a shrimp/goby pair. Hmm..I might as well upgrade.::) Just kidding.

I like sps...my tank will be sps dominant; that's my hope, at least.

8. Click Here!

9. alpha_03

alpha_03 Bubble Tip Anemone

folks, I am embarrased by this, I didnt offer this for some type of attention, I was just wanting to help. It's not about money- hell I am not using this stuff- it's in my garage- no big deal seriously.

But the serious side of it is the learning curve and all of us helping each other out- it's what we should do when someone needs a lil' help.

What do I want for this stuff- nothing, save that what the mods want of the orig. poster- shall we guide him to sucess, or shall we guide him to failure? sometimes giving is for nothing - it's just the right thing to do.

I am not rich- just an average guy, with some extras laying around.

let me know, I will send you what you can use from my lil' list.

10. TheSaltwaterGuy

TheSaltwaterGuy Banned

o ok i see thats what i was thinking

11. TheSaltwaterGuy

TheSaltwaterGuy Banned

ok thanks I'll let you know in a bit but why would you feel embarrassed? I mean it's like some stranger just comes up and offers me a tank and I wouldnt really expect that so thats why I'm thanking you; no need to feel embarrassed

12. TheSaltwaterGuy

TheSaltwaterGuy Banned

K guys well I took out a few pounds of Live sand from my DT and put it in my QT (i know that the best QT is bare bottom but what was i supposed to do with it? throw it out?) Besides it looks nicer lol and I doubt I'll be getting any serious diseases except for ich really but if i do get something else then I'll just medicate with the usual stuff (i'd use hypo for ich). Anyway thats the good news but heres the bad news: my mom WONT LET ME ADD WATER TO MY TANK; WHAT THE F**K?!?!? she thinks that there r too many leaks and that adding more water will cause the tank to-wow ur not even gonna believe me- explode... again, WHAT THE F**K?!?! gosh she acts like such a b**** sometimes but she is my mom and she never lets me talk or say a damn thing so yeah. But who cares im filling it up for 2 reasons: the filter will work with it and there wont be that annoying sound from the pump when there isnt enough water. Once i fill it up again and start all the systems and what not if it leaks then I gotta take out more sand but the back has a problem: when i push or press it then water leaks out so i think its cracked there. other then that leaking has stopped for the most part, but i gotta see what happens in the morning. lol might seem weird but I'd actually like to start over because this tank is f***ed and the weird thing is that the silicone actually worked, even when it was put to a wet surface XD