What was I thinking?!

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by TheSaltwaterGuy, Dec 8, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. alpha_03

alpha_03 Bubble Tip Anemone

I would/could donate, but it would be under given agreed circumstances:

That one, you would follow 3reef advice to the letter.

That two, that you would have patience and learn as you go because of this experience, and base it off the previous lack of experience that got you here.

That three, you would give back what has been given to you, in due time of course.

Things I have, that I could give up:

Acrylic 30 gallon Sea Clear tank.

PC lighting for the above (which I may or may not have, my brother might be using it) if so - sorry you'll have to get some thing else- see below.

Acrylic 7 gallon nano tank- all in one unit- nano panoramic- very cool, but tough to maintain.

14 gallon acrylic wet/dry with slide out filter and pump area (clear for life brand).

Rio 2500 pump, works great.

Initially, You wanted to give up, and we have been trying to help you out with your problems. I don't want you to give up for many reasons, and given time you will understand why I say this. However, I believe you should earn what is given to you. Since you can't pay anything what can you give back to 3reef?

I leave this to the mods to decide. They can state what they want, and if you are willing to do what the mods want, I will then send to you what you need from the above. This is what I offer.

For free. no charge- nada, no denario (sp?)

Let me know.

Alpha

3 people like this.
  2. Click Here!

3. BananaBoat

BananaBoat Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

PS: If you're still thinking about draining and fixing the crack(s), check out this link: Silicone Sealant
    Its supposedly safe for saltwater. Great price. :D

4. TheSaltwaterGuy

TheSaltwaterGuy Banned

WOW... you'd actually donate some stuff for me to start over... Wow:cry: that's so very generous.... if i was to take this stuff then OF COURSE I would try to repay you in due time and I would follow the given circumstances and if I have to do anything for those things then I will, but first I need some time to think about my next move if you don't mind. again, thank you very much; this really means a lot.

5. Pickupman66

Pickupman66 Tassled File Fish

Alpha,

A very generous offer you have put forward. that is one thing I have noticed in this hobby, that you get out of it what you put in.

I had my old 75 for 10 years. in that time I know I learned a ton. once I was to the point, I sold alot of coral to alot of folks. most of it for $10 a frag and gave them $30 worth. when I was forced to sell the entire tank due to a move, i cried when my babies left. I sold over $2-3000 worth of everythign for about $1500 total. that money went to my new tank at the new house.

all that paid off as I recieved a gift from a local reefer in a 225 tank with a broken end panel and all the glass to go with it. I fixed it up and while doing so, I walked into a deal I could not refuse on my current tank. 11 hours one way and back and I had it home.

I managed to get some donations from those I had sold to and some of my old corals back. I have a few pieces in my tank now that I will likely never sell due to their sentimental value.

In my 10 years Ill bet I have lost over $5000 worth of fish and corals.

now, one thing that i want to reiterate in what Alpha said is you need to follwo the advice here and take it SLOW. take your time and dont panic.
    dont act like you konw everything here. I know I dont know it all, and most here will say the same. true Experience is the best thing on your side.

6. TheSaltwaterGuy

TheSaltwaterGuy Banned

Whoa thats a lot of money. and trust me I plan on taking my precious time this time around. I'm still thinking about taking that very generous offer but I'm still setting up a plan here. again, I'm gonna take it VERY slowly, at least 2-3 months before I add any fish or inverts. Unless I should wait longer, but my cycle would probably be done then. Adjust and keep parameters steady, and then get livestcok like once every 2 weeks. Since I'm gonna be starting over any suggestions on fish?

7. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

Very generous offer....karma to you, sir.

It's good to see things are turning around for you in the long-run, SaltwaterGuy. You were in a tough situation & the people on 3reef were here to help. I hope you make the right decisions & do things slowly & correctly. Things should come around. Please keep us updated.

Regards,
    Seano

8. Click Here!

9. TheSaltwaterGuy

TheSaltwaterGuy Banned

no problem. Well I'm gonna try to take some sand out to see if the thing stops leaking, but I highly doubt it because water already penatrated the plastic and the water can probably still escape. lemme try it anyway :p

10. BananaBoat

BananaBoat Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

What did you have in the tank before? I'd recommend a Starry Blenny, Yellow Watchman Goby, a pair of Clown fish, Possibly a Dwarf angel of some sort, too. For inverts: a Serpent Starfish (Or those small red ones, idk what they're called), Nassarius Snails, Cleaner or Blood Shrimp, or both. Or there's always a small Coral Banded Shrimp. :/ Aggressive though... Corals I'd recommend: Star polyps (fast reproducers), soft shrooms, Kenya Tree Corals, Toadstool Mushroom, Sun Polyps. I'm not saying you should have all these, but it's a list at least. :D

11. TheSaltwaterGuy

TheSaltwaterGuy Banned

Hmmm looks good, thanks! Well I've got some zoanthids; those are good beginners, right? The YWG i could pair with a pistol but then again it could kill the cleaner or blood shrimp... coral banded shrimp=POS IMO because it killed ALL of my inverts in the past. starry blenny=awesome looking fish. Clownfish pair sound spretty good. Dwarf angel... ehh well I don't like the coral beauty that much and flame angel is pretty damn expensive too so yeah. kenya tree yes but NO DAMN FRAGS!!! I dont like frags that much anymore since there small and at least a medium kenya Id prefer but too small as a frag IMO. snails=pretty cool so yeah. I had lots of fish in my tank before; do you mean before this little problem occurred? I had the maroon clown (still do till i sell it on craigslist), 6 line wrasse, neon velvet damsel, and algae blenny

12. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

As far fish go...I would go with a few smaller fish & one medium fish(as in 4").

In my 29, I will have a CB angel, 2 yellow stripe clingfish, 1 horned blenny, 2 cleaner shrimp, 2 peterson shrimp, & a scallop, maybe a clam or two.

serpent stars are awesome btw. haha