What was first, corals or fish?

Discussion in '3reef Site Polls' started by Matt Rogers, Sep 3, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

What was first, corals or fish?

1. Corals

39 vote(s)
    35.1%
  2. Fish

72 vote(s)
    64.9%
  1. M&T

M&T Astrea Snail

What if you got both at the same time ? We got 3 green chromis and a few frags

2. Click Here!

3. cannedmulder

cannedmulder Teardrop Maxima Clam

I got both my maroon clown and my perc clown at the same time so they hopefully wouldn't fight. They haven't since but I don't have an annenome yet either!

4. 1st time

1st time Purple Spiny Lobster

When I got my LR it had some corals on it. Then I got my 1st fish--but I didn't know that the corals were alive I thought they were dead! Boy how dumb can you get. They are still alive and growing.

5. bmshehan

bmshehan Fu Manchu Lion Fish

My fish was first, I used it to cycle with.

6. swagger87

swagger87 Zoanthid

How do you tell the sex of a Damsel? I read that they arent a particular sex until they breed. :confused:
    I have 4 lovely little damsels, my first was a yellow tail blue, followed by a blue devil, beau gregory and a ....I think it starts with an "O"? Its red and blue striped.;D

7. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

A couple of damsels... evil little buggers, but fun. That was back when my tank had almost no rock... so much room to swim.

8. Click Here!

9. SeansReef

SeansReef Plankton

Guessing same as most people, started with fish, blue and domino damsels, then added live rock. Added other fish. $6 damsels bullying $30 Clowns.
    Had to take out rocks to get out damsels!

10. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn The Dude

I put in a blue, a four striped and a white tail black damsel in first. Then I put in a coral banded shrimp. Those four started my tank. The three fish eventually died. My coral banded is still with me, except now he is without pincers. He lost them in the transfer from my 75 to the holding tank last week. One dropped off in the 75 and the other dropped off in the holding tank. It will be interesting to see how long it takes for them go grow back. I am guessing four molts.

11. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

For me it was corals, but only by default. The very first rock I bought had zoa's on it. 12 hours later a damsel was added. :)

12. liegeofinveracity

liegeofinveracity Coral Banded Shrimp

...the night time... is the right time...
    oops, i thought this was an evolutionary poll, my humbag damsel was the first thing in my tank, mushroom polyps were second