What type of music do you listen to?

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by jhawkor, Jul 25, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. IHAVEMTS

IHAVEMTS Fire Shrimp

I listen to rap and country mostly but i like almost anything!

2. Click Here!

3. GoToSleep

GoToSleep Torch Coral

Just to bridge the gap a bit, here's a link to Kid Rock singing The Greatest Country Song of All TIme (You Don't Have To Call Me Darlin', Darlin'). The David Allen Coe tribute picks up at around 2:50.

YouTube - Kid Rock sings Cowboy and COE

4. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

When listening to any type of music, if you are going to dance, please do it safely.

5. pks4life420

pks4life420 Fire Worm

I listen to everything!!! I would never even think of opera as music...lol

If you like clever lyrics this guy is pretty funny check out this link: he is young but listen to what he says

YouTube - New Math

6. jakeh24

jakeh24 Pajama Cardinal

lol bo!!!

havent seen his videos in a long time

7. dufresne

dufresne Feather Duster

Very similar to ReefSparky's list but mostly:
    Zeppelin, Floyd, Jimi, Janis :)

8. Click Here!

9. =Jwin=

=Jwin= Tassled File Fish

I can't get that newer song "Champagne" by Cavo out of my head. It's been on the radio a good bit lately. The lyrics are pretty shallow...but the tune is pretty awesome. If you like that sort of thing.

Also, I forgot to list some Aerosmith, Fighters of Foo, and Journey. Yes, Journey! :D

Another thing is, I can't stand the Beatles. Some people think I'm a raving lunatic for not liking them. But I just can't stand listening to them. Same goes for most Zepellin songs...any song that is slow or highly drug inspired (Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds) flat out sucks in my book. Of course, this sucks because my best friend loves that sort of stuff. He even has a Beatles trim on his license tag.

10. dufresne

dufresne Feather Duster

Jwin, believe me when I say this.. it's an age thing (it's a good thing, everybody wants to be 19 :)

10-15 years from now you will feel very different about music and everything else for that matter... drugs can't inspire (never tried but still sounds like common sense to me) talant does. If don't have it - no drugs or alcohol will help :)
    But talented people in the 70s had some pretty good drugs and made magic...
    Yeah, sure Aerosmith and whoever else made some good music (I still listen to swedish death metal) but.. is it magic? ;)
    Maybe..

Edit: Of course, this post has no intention to argue about "good" or "bad" music.. I guess, all music is magic, and everybody feels strongly about music that sounds like magic to them :)

11. jhawkor

jhawkor Millepora

Don't you ever say Zeppelin sucks again:angry: haha JK. Most of my friends can't stand zeppelin either but I just don't see how anyone can not like the song Stairway to Heaven.

12. ReefSparky

ReefSparky Super Moderator

Just so we're on the same page, =Jwin=, Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds was inpired by a drawing that Julian, (John Lennon's son) brought home from elementary school. Julian said of the drawing, showing it to his father, "Look daddy, it's lucy in the sky, with diamonds." Lucy was a girl in his class.

here's one source.
    here's another.

Not to say that some other Beatle's music wasn't drug inspired. Heck, all you have to do is listen to Dark Side Of The Moon, and that's all the inspiration you need. :)

I can't remember ever hearing someone say they liked Journey, and didn't like Zeppelin or the Beatles. I guess to each his own.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2009