What type of music do you listen to?

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by jhawkor, Jul 25, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

:lol:

I actually like opera so my list would only include rap, pop country and jazz :)

2. Click Here!

3. =Jwin=

=Jwin= Tassled File Fish

I'll list what I don't like first. Almost all rap. Almost all country (not alot of people in TN love country believe it or not.) Anything that sucks all happiness out of you...meaning screamo. Screaming emo. Death. whatever you want to call it. If there are words, and then maybe some slight screaming, I'm fine with it.

I like anything instrumental. ESPECIALLY for action/superhero movie sound tracks. I am the biggest sucker for those. I have songs from Transformers 1 and 2, The Dark Knight, Iron Man, Superman Returns, and others on my Zune. I don't have the hole albums, I just pick the songs I like. Which is what I do with any artist. This is key to understanding my musical tastes :D

Let's see...from the hardcore end I have songs from Disturbed, Atreyu, Breaking Benjamin, etc. Then I like Van Halen, SOME Nickelback songs, Rolling Stones, AC/DC, Linkin Park, some Queen. Also anything you'd find in a "skating rink" such as the YMCA, Rock This Party, and other goofy stuff. You'll definitely find that on my Zune. :D And I'm quite partial to techno music, which I believe falls under the category of instrumental or non vocal.

I am a Microsoft Zune fan over iPod. My whole family has iPods, and I have a Zune. I love it to death. I find them to be much better, AND cheaper. I have a 30 gig Zune that is only about 1/10 full. You can get a 30gb zune for an 8gb iPod.

The radio stations I listen to in the car are: 96.5 "The Mountain" which basicly plays all of today's "Top Songs". Rock 105.5, all the good rock songs. Old and new. Then there is 106.5, which is a classic rock station. At 9 oclock every night they "get the Led out" and play Zeppelin for an hour. Rock 105 is always bashing 106.5...saying things I'm not going to post, but they're hilarious, believe me.

4. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

5. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

How is the durability on your Zune JWin? My 7th (yes, SEVENTH) I-Pod just took a crap on me. Have never even had one last past the warranty period, and I will NEVER own another one again. I have been going back and forth between the Zune and Creative.

6. =Jwin=

=Jwin= Tassled File Fish

My Zune's ancient...it's one of the older versions. I bought it second hand before me. I've taken it biking, running, hiking, hidden it in a backpack in school, and other household abuses, and I don't think it's ever frozen or anything. Works just like the day I bought it, except with much more music and pictures and videos on it. I absolutely love my zune.

Plus, the screen is much bigger on every Zune than iPod, everything's much more colorful and easier to push buttons, I think. Except almost all music management has to be done on the Zune software on your computer, mainly you can only create playlists on the comp, not on the device. But then again, the Zune has a type of wifi connection where you can buy from the zune (for extra cost) and connect to other zunes around you to sample their music.

So, mine's been there and back again, and hasn't complained yet. I find them much more durable than iPod. Mine's been dropped, even on concrete, without a problem. Thinking back I may have actually frozen it once...but turning it off and then back on again solved everything.

7. =Jwin=

=Jwin= Tassled File Fish

You made me go find my Zune, which just so happened to be lurking under a bunch of rubbish in the kitchen. Looking at it, the Zune doesn't even have a reset button. And they come with free games, which I have taken advantage of occassionally. Checkers, Hexic (whatever that is), Space Battle, Sudoku, and Texas Hold'em.

Apparently they don't have the Zune 30gb anymore, which is what I have. But they have the newest versions of the 80 and 120, which are all the same size physically as the 30. Just hold more and cost more. Still, an 80 only costs $220.

The only thing I haven't really liked is it has felt harder to find some music on the Zune software. I had to buy it on my parents' iPod software and burn it to a disc, then rip it to my Zune. Which is fine, still costs the same essentially, just a little extra time needed to do it. I've only had to do this with a few songs though, like Juke Box Hero by Foreigner :)

8. Click Here!

9. LCP136

LCP136 Sailfin Tang

10. =Jwin=

=Jwin= Tassled File Fish

You don't live in the South...so I'm letting this slide. Just once. ;) My coworkers listen to the kind of country I despise most. You know, lost wife, lost job, lost puppy, whatever sad song they sing about.

Also, I saw this on TV (that must mean it's true), and the music responsible for the most suicides is...

Not rap.

Not heavy metal. Or even Death Metal. Or screamo emo junk.

But country. Yes, country is reported to be the most responsible for musical induced suicides. Case closed. :D

11. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

i don't listen to their music or this genre but has anybody heard of a band called bleeding through? their a hard core heavy metal band

12. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

lol i like the more current country that sounds like a little rockish, almost, if that's how you say it. But i do like some of the older music from like the 90s' and even Johnny Cash is ok, and that's some really old music there. But i can't stand Taylor Swift or Sugarland, and theres this one newish band that has a song called Wild Heart, i don't know the name of the band, but i can't stand that song! gah i turn the radio wayyy down whenever my staion plays it

1 person likes this.