What type of music do you listen to?

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by jhawkor, Jul 25, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn The Dude

Pink Floyd, Rush, Zeppelin, Boston, Kansas, Heart (old Heart, not new sell out Heart), Def Leopard, Clapton, Cars.....you get the picture. Any rock from the '70's turns my crank. Can't stand Rap, Hip Hop or Metal. Grew up with Classical. So that is always an option. I also grew up listening to Neil Diamond.....my parent's contribution to my musical tastes. I even bought (and still have) ND's Jonathan Livingston Seagull album (disk....sorry). Don't tell anyone though.......it's not cool.

And Hawk.....I am proud of you. At 16 you are listening to some goooooood music (at least IMO!!!). Was that your parent's contribution? .....or did it just draw you in?

2. Click Here!

3. jhawkor

jhawkor Millepora

Great list of bands. If it wasn't for my dad and my uncles I would be just like my friends listening to hip hop. Thank you Dad.

4. salsalito25

salsalito25 Stylophora

Ok you win... and i agree.....

5. bwalker9801

bwalker9801 Zoanthid

I like both kinds of music, country and western.
    Just kidding everything but rap

6. madlarkin

madlarkin Peppermint Shrimp

Probably an oddball here in music tastes but it bounces around a lot. I listen to a lot of underground hip-hop(Atmosphere, J5, Aesop Rock), metal(Killswitch, Atreyu, Twelve Tribes), blues(clapton, BB King) and acoustic rock(Colin Hay, DMB, Guster) to things like Opera(I have a stellar performance of Tosca on my Ipod :) ) with detours in a lot of sub-genres. Only things I am really not huge on are pop and country but otherwise it is all good.

7. jakeh24

jakeh24 Pajama Cardinal

i will listen to just about everything
    except country, opera, and screamo or whatever its called, i just can't stand it.

8. Click Here!

9. invert phil

invert phil Millepora

North Yorkshire, England, Europe, Earth, Milkyway,
  10. coldshot

coldshot Blue Ringed Angel

You forgot Stevie Ray....
    I play Classical Guitar and love it....
    I also play the older stuff you mentioned but I am no Robin Trower or Jeff Beck.....
    Rap is a key word in Crap....lol....
    Danny

11. ReefSparky

ReefSparky Super Moderator

I think it's the stuff they used to call Death Metal accompanied by a vocalist who could quite possibly be reading a phonebook, but by virtue of his screaming--is rendered completely unintelligible. It's angry, harsh stuff. I guess the angst of generations is manifested differently with the passage of time.

Quadrophenia by The Who represented the same attitude, but style was so different back then. Having grown up on the a$$ end of that generation; I appreciated the ability to make out the words in the songs I heard.

God knows what music is going to sound like in 100 years.

Geez. I sound like an old man.

1 person likes this.
  12. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

Basically anything but rap or country for me. Not a huge fan of pop either, and havent really 99% of anything that has come out in the last 10 years or so.