What type of music do you listen to?

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by jhawkor, Jul 25, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. LVsuckerfish

LVsuckerfish Fire Shrimp

any thing but Country but will deal with it when ms. twain is singing

2. Click Here!

3. Daniel072

Daniel072 Giant Squid

since this is my preferred genre of music (going tuesday to see mudvayne, black label society, static x, suicide silence, bury your dead, and dope) I would love to know your band name and myspace. I would be glad to support a 3reefers band

4. =Jwin=

=Jwin= Tassled File Fish

I'm interested in the whole back stage thing...as long as it's free...:D

5. jhawkor

jhawkor Millepora

I can't stand country either. I have 2 sisters that listen to nothing but country so that kinda blows ;D

6. Fujin

Fujin Feather Duster

UUUmmm Techno? GO SCOOTER! But seriously, Johnny Cash is the bomb, especially techno Jonny Cash remixes!

7. zjpeter

zjpeter Ritteri Anemone

All Along the Watchtower still and will always give me goosebumps. I have one of those cars that you can hear 5 blocks away, but i dont play that rap crap. an hour ago you'd have heard me coming down the street speakers flexing and singing at the top of my lungs to DMB.

My musician friend says its heresy to say that Dave does Watchtower better than Hendricks (sorry, Sparky, i gotta say he's better than Bob too...). Listen to it on his Listener Supported album and play it on the loudest thing you can get your hands on.

BTW LeRoi Moore was the reason i took up the saxophone.

1 person likes this.
  8. Click Here!

9. ReefSparky

ReefSparky Super Moderator

No apology necessary. Dylan's version of that song is not my favorite--I love the guy, but Hendrix did it better IMO. But, Dylan did write it.

There are a few songs that were made popular not by the artist who wrote it, but rather by who performed it. Blinded By The Light was written by Bruce Springsteen, but popularized by Manfred Mann. All Along The Watchtower was written by Dylan, but made famous by Hendrix. Me And Bobby McGee was known by all sung by Janis Joplin, but it was written by Kris Kristofferson. Red Red Wine by UB40? Wiritten by Neil Diamond! LOL. Patsy Cline's Crazy was written by Willie Nelson.

And Stairway To Heaven? I wrote that.** :)

**joke.

10. irr0001

irr0001 Purple Tang

this is the greatest sentence I have ever seen on this forum

1 person likes this.
  11. mirandacollc

mirandacollc Flame Angel

We have a box seat at a local concert venue. We went to a show one night and tesla was there and asked to join us in the box. It was quite funny actually long story but they were playing there the next night. They asked if we knew them I replied with nobody knows tesla lol. They thought we were cool and asked us back stage to hang out. They bought drinks all night and were cool as heck! anyway this reminded me of this. We also hung out with stained, dierks bently, and a few others. its a cool venue there.