What type of lighting?

Discussion in 'Reef Lighting' started by caseydavis, Jul 19, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. caseydavis

caseydavis Astrea Snail

i have just started my tank 1 1/2 weeks ago it is a 25 or 29 gallon i have about 7 1/2 lbs of live rock at this time (plan to have about 20lbs) total and want to have 1 or 2 nemo fish(my 3yr old calls him) with 1 or 2 or the things he lives in (dont know how to spell it) and a damsel and what ever else might grow on my rock as of now i have some feather dusters, pineapple sponge, and somebody told me they think a Pseudocorynactis idk though. oh and some aiptasia but currently using lemon juice on the ones i see.

n*e*ways back to the subject the lights i have say current t5ho 24w 10000k i was curious if this is enough or not enough light for my plans if not can you suggest what i need.

2. Click Here!

3. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

A 4x24W T5HO will work fine. Just don't use the stock bulbs. Upgrade to 2 ATI Blue Plus, 1 ATI Aquablue Special and 1 UVL Actinic White.

4. caseydavis

caseydavis Astrea Snail

will do! i gotta save up some more before i can get all that. which of course my cycle still hasnt ended yet so i have a few weeks

5. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

No need for light during the cycle, it just encourages nuisance algae growth.

6. moto826

moto826 Astrea Snail

i went leds and am happy