what to feed blue hermit crabs or snails

Discussion in 'Fish Food' started by GAZBO, Mar 10, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. GAZBO

GAZBO Fire Shrimp

I have a 75 gal. with many blue hermits and misc. turbo,cerith,nassarius snails in my tank that my cleaners have done to good of job and there is not much for them to eat I was wondering what is a good food to feed them that wouldn't pollute my tank I dont want to starve them or have them go cannibalism. right now i will clip a red algae sheet to the bottom for my emerald and its a feeding frenzy with snail and crabs I will also throw in a broken up algae wafer once a week any suggestions would be great thanks

2. Click Here!

3. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn The Dude

Don't feed them anything. They will find stuff to eat, trust me. If you try to feed your CUC, you will pollute the tank. They really don't need much and will sift through your sand and rock, finding stuff to snack on right and left.

1 person likes this.
  4. {Nano}Reefer

{Nano}Reefer Dragon Wrasse

could not have said it better myself :)

5. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn The Dude

Of course!!! What would you expect? Not only am I smart but incredibly good looking. Women flock. Really, in hordes. I'm not sure if it's the belly, the bald spot, the smock or the pocket protector.....but they go nuts. It's a little embarassing, but I have gotton used to it. OK. Yeah.....that's enough.

6. {Nano}Reefer

{Nano}Reefer Dragon Wrasse

:lol: :yelrotflm