what to do

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by chris adams, Jan 25, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. chris adams

chris adams Purple Tang

Ok so after reading through Todd Sails thread it got me thinking again about upgrading my lighting on my 135 which is in cycle.

Toods thread
    http://www.3reef.com/forums/led-aqu...um-dimmable-120w-led-light-review-150691.html

So I started looking at the EverGrow IT2040. Pricing is great compared to some of the other units out there.

EverGrow IT2040 - Reef Radiance

Well after showing them to my wife (we had debated switching her Kessil A350W out on her 38, not totally happy with coral growth(could be our imagination) Can always put this on my red sea d130) she was like well get 1 for my tank and we can see how it goes.

So that is where I need opinions. She has a 38 Innovative and she does want to add some more SPS so what are the experts opinion.. think this would work for a 38. Also if opinion is that it would be acceptable: they come standard with 90 degree optics but can be switched out to 120 degree no charge so what our your opinions on that. Should I go to 120 degree or leave at 90 degree.

Her tank here

http://www.3reef.com/forums/show-off-your-fish-tanks/wifes-tank-152018.html

Thanks.. got till 26th to make decision as they are having a small sale.

2. Click Here!

3. chris adams

chris adams Purple Tang

Well I lost some days did not realize it was the 25th and so had to make decision by tomorrow and won't be around so pulled the trigger and bought 1 for testing purposes.

4. KcLive

KcLive Plankton

I was going to tell you but didn't have the chance, Rick at reefradiance.com almost ALWAYS has that sale going on. I bought my light last December for the same price he is selling them for now.

I don't think you will be disappointed with the lights. I am quite happy with mine and I am running it centered over a 55 gallon, with 2 smaller 8 watt LED lights on the sides to supplement the lights and my corals are really loving it.

I did get mine with the 90 degree optics, but am wondering if it might have been a better choice for me to get the 120.

5. chris adams

chris adams Purple Tang

cool glad to hear that KC. I decided to stick with the 90. Figure since it is a 24 wide tank and the unit is 15.7" unit that 90 degree should be fine.

I bet the 120 degree would have made just the right difference on your tank.

6. KcLive

KcLive Plankton

After you get your lights let me know what you think. I am hoping to switch my tank out to a 40 or 60 gallon cube before long and really hoping I don't need to buy another light for it as well.