What to do as a regular maintenance to keep this system running good

Discussion in 'Water Chemistry' started by minajaguar, Jul 29, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. minajaguar

minajaguar Spaghetti Worm

I am running a Fish only tank with normal rocks (not live), 30 gallon with air stone skimmer and small mechanical internal filter only .. light stocked ..
    What to do as a regular maintenance to keep this system running good with controlling nitrate ....???

2. Click Here!

3. zackscott20

zackscott20 Fire Shrimp

Water changes pretty much. And i believe once youve had the tank running for a while the bacteria on the rock makes it "live rock". I bought dry rock and seeded it with a small piece of liverock. Now all of my rock is considered to be live rock. Just not from the ocean, so i am saving the reef ;D

4. Ryan Duchatel

Ryan Duchatel Millepora

5. minajaguar

minajaguar Spaghetti Worm

i am just starting with 1 clown

6. Ryan Duchatel

Ryan Duchatel Millepora

What do you plan to keep?

7. Soggytoes

Soggytoes Flamingo Tongue

Water changes, keep glass clean (aesthetic), Don't over feed. You can add a small cuc to the tank to help with your chores. What filter are you using? Does it utilizes a sponge or are you using it just to turn over water volume? If it has a sponge be sure to squeeze it out in a bucket of tank water once a week. This will help it from turning into a nitrate factory.

8. Click Here!

9. Toallhisdoom

Toallhisdoom Dragon Wrasse

is this the tank with ich? that everyone told you to leave empty for 6-8 weeks? good job.