Resolved What to clean glass with

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by Strickland_673, Sep 10, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Strickland_673

Strickland_673 Fire Shrimp

So I have an empty 25g tank, (well almost empty) converting from fresh to salt. whats the best thing to use on the inside glass? i can't see windex being very good!

Thanks Again

Last edited: Sep 10, 2010
  2. Click Here!

3. grinder37

grinder37 Whip-Lash Squid

viniger and water 50/50 with some elbow greese removes scale off the glass,just rinse well when done

1 person likes this.
  4. grinder37

grinder37 Whip-Lash Squid

forgot to mention,empty the tank completly first.

5. cbs3315

cbs3315 Ritteri Anemone

+1 on the viniger, water and elbow grease. if its a glass tank you can use a razor blade.

2 people like this.
  6. Strickland_673

Strickland_673 Fire Shrimp

+1 for both!!!!!!

1 person likes this.
  7. AZDesertRat

AZDesertRat Giant Squid

Distilled white vinegar but use it straight, no dilution with water. Diluting it raises the pH and defeats its purpose. It is safe to use straight out of the bottle and is cheap at like $1.48 a gallon at WalMart.
    If the build up is on the sides, lay the empty tank on its side, soak a rag or old towel in the vinegar and let it lay on the area for awhile softening the calcium build up or scale. Or if its not a very big tank pour enough in to puddle or pond.

I never dilute my vinegar and even pour it through a paint strainer back into the jug and reuse it over and over until its no longer viable then pour it down the drain since it is inert and start over. If its diluted you have to throw it away.