What the????

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by privateer, Apr 12, 2003.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. privateer

privateer Plankton

Okay....i put 2 pieces of my home made rock in my tank 7 days ago, a couple of days ago I noticed somthing growing on one :eek:.I can only describe it as white semi transparent mucus. It is firmly attached and getting bigger, I know it sounds gross,but it looks like a white lugy. I hav enever seen anything like it before . Any ideas???? :eek: :-/

2. Click Here!

3. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

4. privateer

privateer Plankton

Yes Matt...it does kinda look like that,but so quick? I never expected something like that so fast. The live rock that I have is almost barren. Few tube worms are starting to grow, but....not much else,then to see this on dead rock, that I made! Thats why I LOVE reef tanks!!

5. karlas

karlas Fire Goby

that kinda looks like one of my sponges white like that, is there little tubes stickin out? thats the one thats growing under my rock and its gettin huge. i got yellow sponges and some pink ones like that also. plus i have found a orange one starting but u need a flashlight to see it.