what should be my photo period?

Discussion in 'Reef Lighting' started by Dasco, Mar 27, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Dasco

Dasco Vagabond Butterfly

Ya no halides, thx man i lookin to a 12k and a 15k.

2. Click Here!

3. ~B~Low~HighTide

~B~Low~HighTide Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Get a (UVL 14k) and a( UVL Super Atinic).

this will give you (Whiteblue)14k along with( SuperAtinicnic) =Pop in the colors.. The bluish white i believe is more realistic and bulbs tend to keep color better too. They should go good with your other Bulbs nice( since 460 is more of a medium Aqua Blue.

http://www.hellolights.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1313

48" (HO, T5) 75.25 14,000K, 54W- UV Lighting - F547525

all my Halides and T5's come from Hello,, great great prices and they pack the bulbs very nice for the long haul.

Sry took so long Pc was down for a day or so.

Note:
    6700k = Yellow
    10k = white kinda yellow tint and some brands have greenish hue.
    12k = BrightWhite ,.Almost same as 10k but more White.
    14k = IceWhite with some Flouresing Blue ,As bright as 12k but more bluish,, Less blue than 460.
    15k = 460 Aqua bluish color or Light windexy look.( these you already have)
    420 or SuperAtinic = Vivid colors . Uv BlueLight appears dull but will add Super pop to all inhabitants of tank.

To even your Spectrum and give brighter colors i chose to tell ya get a 14k and SuperAtinic to go along with the two auqua blue bulbs.

The 14k adds nice white/blue hue..More so white. Even A single Medium white/blue spectrum bulb can actually overpower three Real blue bulbs .

The Super Atinic will make the Colors pop with UV light not Bluish like 460's.
    With a Super Atinic you know its on when the Corals glow and not the Water . There is almost no real blue to the eye from it when combined with other bulbs , just nice vivid coloration from anthing that floureces.

Good look bulb shopping and post pics of the outcome for us all.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2009
  4. Dasco

Dasco Vagabond Butterfly

will do thx for the help, my new bulbs are on there way to my house!!