what sea weed for coral beauty?

Discussion in 'Fish Food' started by ATC, May 22, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. ATC

ATC Astrea Snail

I was wondering what brand of sea weed would be recommended for my coral beauty angel. I purchased the julian sprungs green weed, but did not know if this is what I should continue giving. Or if there is other food more suited for them. I have 2 damsels in with the beauty in a 55g FO tank.

He does not nibble at the sea weed when i put it on a clip, it sat there for 2 days without a bite. He does, however, eat the flakes I put in. Only had the fish about 3 days, is this normal for them not to eat the sea weed until they are fully comfortable in the tank?

Thanks for the info

2. Click Here!

3. divott

divott Giant Squid

ive never seen my coral at the clip. ive had it for close to 3 months now

4. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

Angel's need to be fed an angel specific diet that is fortified with marine sponges.

5. pgoodsell

pgoodsell Horrid Stonefish

You can get frozen angle food at most LFS's. It has all the good stuff they need in it.
    This is what I feed:
    Mega-Marine Angel - by Hikari

6. ATC

ATC Astrea Snail

Was just about to ask when I refreshed the page. I'll go by and see what they have.

1 person likes this.
  7. jkat21

jkat21 Bangghai Cardinal

I`ve had mine for approx 1 1/2 yrs.I switch on&off every 3 days or so with spirulina enriched brine shrimp ,pigmy angle food,spirulina flake..she/he picks all day on the glass and rock...
    [​IMG]

8. Click Here!

9. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

While this is true with some angels it is not true for all. Some don't even eat sponges ;) Most do like some macro in their diet both in the wild and in aquaria.

10. Triplemom

Triplemom Pajama Cardinal

My coral beauty does great on a diet of Rod's Food, whatever she picks off the rocks/glass, and an occasional algae clip (right now, it's Omega One Super Veggie, but it varies). She goes for the algae clip as soon as I put something on it.

11. divott

divott Giant Squid

my flamw went to the clip for the 1st time the other night. but not the coral. mine likes flakes tho. just like a female eh triplemom? can never figure them out. lol. just kidding , please dont yell at me. lol

12. Triplemom

Triplemom Pajama Cardinal

:furious3: Me? Never! :lol: