What reef chemical supplements do you add...

Discussion in 'Water Chemistry' started by ghost, Apr 14, 2006.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. ghost

ghost Astrea Snail

What chemical supplements do you guys add to your reef tank? I add calcium and trace elements. And it is getting quite expensive. Heck my fish are eatting beter then us!!!

2. Click Here!

3. Tanked001

Tanked001 Astrea Snail

I use those too, plus coral excell and phyto..... Hell yeah it's getting expensive... I've started buying the 64oz bottles tho.... save some $$$ that way

4. fletch

fletch Kole Tang

I use E.S.V. B-Ionic 2-part Calcium Buffer, Warner Marine Reef Pure Concentrated Iodide, Warner Marine Reef Pure Vitamin Hufa and Warner Marine Reef Pure Trace Element
    ..................................................................... John

5. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

I used Kents Ca and Strontium and Molybydium (sp lol...) and Lugals solution! :)

6. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

I use homemade buffer, homemade calcium, Kent's essential elements, strontium and iodine. :)

7. rickzter

rickzter Torch Coral

Kent's Tech-I, Kent's Essentials, Kent's Coral-Vite, Kent's Coral-Accel, Kent's Iron (for macro-algae in tank), Kent's Phytoplex. Those are all my chemicals. For calcium, I use Fiji Gold and am using Red Sea's ph buffer when I need the pH lifted a tad. I also use Kent's reef carbon, am gonna port to seachem's de-nitrate and also run phosban.

8. Click Here!

9. fears

fears Astrea Snail

I don't want to hyjack this tread but would love to hear the details on how you make your homemade buffer and calcium :)

10. karlas

karlas Fire Goby

i use the seachem reef packs it contains reef complete, reef carbonite, and reef plus all 3 come in a multi pack

11. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

My fiancee is in charge of making it so I'll ask him and PM you later today :)

12. jasond56

jasond56 Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

I use Kent Marine iodine, calcium and S&M. I also dose with Reef Snow and now PurpleUp. I add dechlor to ALL of my top off/refill water.