What now? ID this plzz

Discussion in 'Algae' started by mikeHVAC, Dec 1, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. mikeHVAC

mikeHVAC Spaghetti Worm

fixed my cyano problem so far i hope. But now this stuff is growing where the cyano was. what could it be?:confused: I talked to john from reefcleaners and i think im going to get a 10 of the dwarf ceriths, 3 florida ceriths and 2 medium nerites.

Attached Files:

2. Click Here!

3. newbie

newbie Bristle Worm

I not sure but i got the same thing going right now i was thinking its just were it died off and what was left over my dragon gobbie is slowly cleaning it up or mixing it up ands going away

4. ontop27

ontop27 Ritteri Anemone

diatoms they not the worst algae you can get. Do you use tap water?

5. ontop27

ontop27 Ritteri Anemone

tried to find a pic of mine but i can't. Just reduce feedings, and lessen the light (I turned mine off for like 2 days, but idk if thats healthy for your corals) and switch to ro if you use tap

6. oceanparadise1

oceanparadise1 Fire Squid

Turning the lights off will work, only problem with this is your not solving the problem that caused them so they will come back.

As far as it being okay for corals, its fine, i have in the past left my lights off for up to 3 days at a time with no problems.

7. mikeHVAC

mikeHVAC Spaghetti Worm

I have had diatoms before. and this stuff kinda has little hairs on it, it doesnt really fit the GHA description tho. Im gonna switch over to RO water sometime this month most likely. For right now tho, i have seagel between my chaeto a bioballs in the middle chamber.

8. Click Here!

9. GuitarMan89

GuitarMan89 Giant Squid

It's cyno still. Mine gets like that as it grows. It will eventually grow denser.

10. mikeHVAC

mikeHVAC Spaghetti Worm

think so??? green cyano?? damnit, what should i do?