What memorable about the 90's?

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by banthonyb71, Apr 17, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. banthonyb71

banthonyb71 Millepora

I was just curious as to why the 90's was such a decade easily forgotten? Or should I say nothing that made it unique.

Is it just me? Im 34 years old so I couldnt tell you much about any decade prior to the 70's but even still just from movies, book, older folks talk, I can tell you somthing that made the 50's,60's special. The Age of rock and roll. The up and coming of the Automobile Industry, The Mob, the assainations of two of the most famous people in history,(JFK MLK) Hippies,The Telivision, the phone, just to name a few. The 70's I remember Bell Botttoms, Afros,The Disco Era!! The 80's was bright colorful crazy clothes,Punk Rock hair dews, The age of MTV and the Music Videos,The age of Rap Music,The dawn of the First Video games,(Atari,Nintendo,C-Vision)Cable TV and more.

Each of these Decades has somthing unique that made me remember it.
    Except the 90's.
    I feel like it was just a very dull, unexciting decade. Ok I will give the 90's the Age of the internet but still, the 90's just wasnt amzing for me.

You may say because it was to recent but we have had a whole decade since then and that one has already been way more intriguing. (Sept 11) The war on terror) All the crazy worldwide earthquakes and Tsunami's. the war. the first Black Prs and more.

Im just not feeling the 90's anyone else have somthing that will forever plant the 90's in there memory banks?(with the exception of personal tragedies?)

2. Click Here!

3. Gexx

Gexx Giant Squid

i was born in the 90s lol

4. jonjonwells

jonjonwells Great Blue Whale

The birth and death of Alternative / Grunge music.
    The Gulf War
    Somalian War
    Military Coupe in Haiti
    Bosnian War
    Rodney King
    World Trade Center bombing
    Branch Dividian Cult in Waco, TX
    OJ Simpson Trial
    OKC bombing
    Columbine

5. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

nirvana, DVDs, AOL - you got mail, Instant Messaging, cell phones, 93 mustang cobra, flannel, war, Victory (the new american motorcycle), CGI, Toy Story, N64, Win95 and the coming of Microsoft....

6. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

I'm from Seattle so I gotta represent the grunge music scene and Nirvana. Also, flannel and Birkenstock. Okay...lol that makes me sound very Seattle-y.

7. unclejed

unclejed Whip-Lash Squid

Have we forgotten our adulterous president? But, to his credit the country boomed and the stock market hit its' all time high.
    A special event for me was Pink Floyd went back on tour and came to Detroit and I was there!

8. Click Here!

9. horkn

horkn Giant Squid

Plenty of memorable and great things happened in the 90's.

Tom Brokaw can shove his "greatest generation" where the sun doesn't shine. That comment of his makes me realize how out of touch people in his generation are.

10. banthonyb71

banthonyb71 Millepora

I will give you the first one about the music, but this is not things that give the 90's an Identity. These are just events that happened in the 90's. I can create a list longer than that with events if that is the case.

What gives the 90's a stamp or identity?? for instance there was a distinct style of clothing in each decade. 60's 70's 80's. A whole new music wave, Collectors cars in each decade. In the 90's there is no distinct clothing trends, and the cars went to high production crap and the music was speartic at best fro a new trend.

This is just my opinion of the 90's being a weird decade. Not trying to create an argument, just trying to get other peoples thoughts.

QUOTE=Peredhil;880613]nirvana, DVDs, AOL - you got mail, Instant Messaging, cell phones, 93 mustang cobra, flannel, war, Victory (the new american motorcycle), CGI, Toy Story, N64, Win95 and the coming of Microsoft....[/QUOTE]

Toy Story?? lol

Last edited: Apr 22, 2010
  11. Night-Rida

Night-Rida Finback Whale

VANILLA ICE.. lol ice ice baby.

as for me right now im listening to 90's alternative on AOL radio.. I alone by live.

as for music bands back then I listened to alot, soundgarden, ratm,nirvana,pearl jam,metalica,alice in chains, collective soul, foo fighters, etc.. love that not so old music..that and high school/college stuff are most of my memories of the 90's.. man how time flies.

12. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

Decade of Video Gamers. LOL