WHAT IS THIS!

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by david, Jun 16, 2003.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. david

david Peppermint Shrimp

I was recently lookin' in my tank at night with a flash light.I noticed what looked like fishin' line coming out of a small hole. It was some kind of critter it has maybe 5 or 6 of these fishin' line tenticles that come out and look for bits of whatever. The tenticles on this thing are almost clear but a little milky white. They are almost a foot long no joke, it tends to creep back in when the light hits it. I know this isn't bad for the tank, but what the hell is it? Does anybody know a web site to classify things like this?I used to have a magazine with a classification chart but I have lost it since. bummer !

2. Click Here!

3. Wrassman

Wrassman Peppermint Shrimp

4. david

david Peppermint Shrimp

Thanks wrassman, I think it's a terebellid worm. Although the one I have is more white than the one they show. Other than that they are identical. Great page I added it to my fav's

5. karlas

karlas Fire Goby

GRATZZ [smiley=2thumbsup.gif] [smiley=beer.gif]

youve got your self a spaghetti worms these things are great for picking up waste and leftover food. the only thing is its one right now youll end up with a sand bed full in no time. thats how mine ended up now when my engineer gobies do some digging theres tubes sticking up all over the place. they do come with pink and orange tenacles also. I had one with orange tenacles living on my rock for a while havent seen him lately i dont know if he moved or what. but with having so many and a lot of mini bristle stars after i feed the fish and the left overs hit the bottom theres nothin left within minites because they use there tencales and sweep every thing off the sand i would actually like to see a few go not all but some theres so many. ive been giving away mini brittle stars to there outta control