What is this stuff???

Discussion in 'Live Rock' started by NeonGoby93, Jan 6, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. NeonGoby93

NeonGoby93 Plankton

It's a small bottle of white powder by "Kent marine" called Turbo-Strontium and it says it promotes growth of calcareous algea... does it work? It's got lots of warnings on it...

Has anyone ever used this and what's your opinion?

2. Click Here!

3. MTips18

MTips18 Purple Spiny Lobster

never used that product but i have used other products from them most with little to no effect i used purple up for a little and had great results coraline everywhere

4. suckafish

suckafish Montipora Capricornis

i have not heard of the that exact product, so i cant give you and reviews on it. but i can tell you this if you dont have a test kit for stronium dont use it. is this a new tank, because if so i would just leave it for now and let nature take over. IMO i dont add anything i dont need or i dont know 100% about. also if you are running a good system these things will come in time

5. NeonGoby93

NeonGoby93 Plankton

I'll check out that product! I really do love coraline and I really want some in my tank.

I don't have the tank running yet I just set it up (see blog entry) I won't be adding anything for a while until I have it all ready and cycled so I'm just learning right now. ;)

I assume too much stronium is a bad thing if there's too much in the water?

6. pgreef

pgreef Fire Goby

If you add live rock with coraline you will eventually get it everywhere. I'd let nature do its thing.

7. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

I add Strontium couple times a week to keep up with the demand unless I done a water change that week.