Unresolved What is this? Should I worry?

Discussion in 'ID This!' started by newguy420, Feb 15, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. newguy420

newguy420 Skunk Shrimp

I bought a rock of jazmin polyps and I just noticed this on it. Hope someone knows what it is

[​IMG]

2. Click Here!

3. evolved

evolved Wrasse Freak

I can't see it well enough in that picture, but maybe a (pest) anemone, maybe a duncan, maybe something else. :p

4. Zoanthids21

Zoanthids21 McKoscker’s Flasher Wrasse

Looks like an aiptasia..I would get rid of it ASAP before they start to spread and be worse of a nuisance.They will irritate and even kill some corals.

You can buy Joes juice and kill them or you can just get a peppermint shrimp and they will kill it for sure and keep them out of your tank.

5. drew3

drew3 Blue Ringed Angel

You can also just boil some water and inject the boiling water into the middle of them and it will do the same thing as joes juice or aipstasiax. I also heard lemon juice works

6. Zoanthids21

Those do, but from most of the research i have done trying to get rid of my infested tank a year or so ago, they said they always came back like a month later after they injected with boiling water or lemon juice or the other home remedies..Even aiptaisa X has had bad reviews about them coming back and same thing with joes juice..

But IME, the peppermints are one the best at getting rid of them.

7. Dingo

Dingo Giant Squid

it is most likely one of three things: mojano anemone (bad), aptasia (bad), or a duncan (a type of coral and verrry good).

can you get a picture with white lights?

8. Click Here!

9. Dingo

Dingo Giant Squid

lol only if your lucky enough to get one that actually eats them. Put a pepp shrimp in a large tank with plenty of viable food sources and you can forget about it eating them haaa

10. Zoanthids21

IMO looks like a pest nem of those you mentioned for one reason, the coral is not growing around it really which is a sign. ANd it does look like one too.

11. newguy420

newguy420 Skunk Shrimp

I'm familiar with aptasia but this doesnt look like aptasia. It's like nothing I've seen before. The ends of the tentacles are very blunt. They don't taper like aptasia.

12. Zoanthids21

True that! mine at 5 aptaisia in one night :D