Urgent What is this? - Pics -

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by FlyPenFly, Jan 7, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. FlyPenFly

FlyPenFly Astrea Snail

Hopefully not ich, the spots don't seem normal?

Attached Files:

2. Click Here!

3. Va Reef

Va Reef Giant Squid

IMO ich spots are more flat, so im gonna say no to ich, however that doesn't rule other parasites out. Good luck with the ID

4. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

I agree some form of parasite but not ich.

5. FlyPenFly

FlyPenFly Astrea Snail

Should I dose with copper? I have a fire shrimp and 2 hermit crabs but I can move them to another tank. There are also 2 snowflakes in there.

6. hydrologic

hydrologic Feather Duster

Definitely not. Copper is a drastic measure at this point and should never be added to your tank if you plan on keeping any inverts...which you already have. I advise that you look at what you're feeding. Try to feed quality food with HUFAs. Many times parasites show up due to stress or lack of quality food.

7. FlyPenFly

FlyPenFly Astrea Snail

So the situation is that all 3 fish are new pickups from the same LFS. I didn't quarantine because they shared a tank at the store and no other fish are there. They are about 2-3 days in this new tank. I do plan on breaking this tank down though for a while after another tank I'm still plumbing gets setup.

They didn't really eat the first 24 hours but are eating some thawed Hikari bloodworms. I suppose I could just wait it out?

8. Click Here!

9. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

10. FlyPenFly

FlyPenFly Astrea Snail

Sorry snowflake clowns

11. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

LOL Good, I was going to say why are you worried about ick when you bought a feeder for your eels LOL

I've noticed Gobies like that getting bumps like that come and go. I'd watch to ensure it is eating and if it continues to eat I would not worry about it

J

12. FlyPenFly

FlyPenFly Astrea Snail

Okay thanks, he seems to be eating alright for a guy his size. Grabs big blood worms but I am overfeeding the tank since he isn't nearly as aggressive as the two clowns in grabbing food. Just more sand vacuuming I guess.