what is the worst problem you've had

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by nemo79, Jan 16, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. nemo79

nemo79 Zoanthid

Thought I'd spark up a thread. What is the biggest problem you have occured in this hobby ex: calcium, algae's, death ya get the picture.

My problem keeping alk and ca at good levels and diatoms on my powerheads. The brown stuff always grows on them and I only feed once a day and everyone comes out to eat at that time.

2. Click Here!

3. jonathan

jonathan Aiptasia Anemone

mine was keeping calcium levels up without a reactor to keep my montipora happy....

4. Birchell

Birchell Gigas Clam

Mine was keeping money in my pocket, lol. Now I would have to say to stop overfeeding my fish.

5. mattgeezer

mattgeezer Montipora Capricornis

my biggest one was my first tank pretty much collapsed in my living room and had to tear up the carpet ,small electric fire ,:mad: and lost my whole entire tank .....it was 4years ago i have moved on.....lol

6. Birchell

Birchell Gigas Clam

wow, that must have sucked!! I dont think to many people can top that one, lol.

7. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

Power Outage. It was out for 2 days and I only set up the generator on the second day...which lasts 8 hours at a time...ugh restless night. I lost my oldest cleaner shrimp (had since the beginning), a Sunburst Anthias, and one firefish who jumped ship.

8. Click Here!

9. mattgeezer

mattgeezer Montipora Capricornis

10. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

I had a fire from el-cheapo powerstrips. Details are here. http://www.3reef.com/forums/general-reef-topics/fire-safety-38360.html?highlight=fire

However, my biggest problem was a wife who was not only Bi-Polar, she also had Early-Onset Schizophrenia. She got mad that I had to stay out of town an extra two days so she bleached every single tank and killed all those poor innocent animals. She also killed about $4,000 worth of bonsai trees. :furious: I finally divorced her last March and I felt so relieved....for about 2 weeks. Then I broke my whole body.:mad:

1 person likes this.
  11. Blade_Runner

Blade_Runner Gigas Clam

How about leaving town on vacation and coming back to a dead tank... :(

12. milesm4

milesm4 Spaghetti Worm

Leaving town and trusting someone that has no experience with aquariums. Other than that getting a good amount of flow through the tank.