What Is the Best Way

Discussion in 'Live Rock' started by Bryants, Nov 17, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Bryants

Bryants Plankton

Hello, just a quick question on what should I do with my live rock as I am getting ready to rework my live rock in my tank, I do have a few hitchhikers that I would like to remove from the live rock, was just wondering the best way to do this as I will be pulling my rock out of the tank. should I just use fresh RO/DI water or should I put them in a real high salinity water, there is also coraline on the rock that i would love to keep in great condition. So could you all point me in the right direction. Thanks for your time

2. Click Here!

3. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

What type of hitch hikers specifically? You will damage the coralline by raising the pH or sticking the rock in fresh for any length of time.

4. Bryants

Bryants Plankton

bristle worms, quite large, could never get them out with a trap, it hasn't really bothered anything but just getting big and creepy, LOL

5. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

I remember reading something a member posted by mixing up a batch of low salinity RO and then put the live rock in there and many hitchhikers will bail......

6. Bryants

Bryants Plankton