What is on my foxface?

Discussion in 'Diseases' started by Toallhisdoom, Dec 14, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Toallhisdoom

Toallhisdoom Dragon Wrasse

Woke up this morning and found all these spots on my foxface. My yellow tang has ich but i have been soaking all the food in selcon and is has seemed to be helping. But now over night my foxface has these like sores? on it. Not sure what it is. Not sure why the tank even has ich. I feed differnt foods every day,(mysis, brine, thera pellets, and a homemade mix with garlic guard and a lot of other stuff) I also put in half a sheet of nori every other day for my foxface and yellow tang to pick at.

Also last night i fraged my torch coral. Cut 1 head off that i believe was affected by brown jelly disease. When i put the healthy head back in tank some of the jelly like stuff came off, not sure if that could have affected anything?

Paramaters are always stable and good. Will test water tonight to double check nothing is out of wack.

Hopefully pic is helpful. Also he seems to be acting normal(scared, runs and hides when i move fast, but still came out to eat this morning!)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 14, 2012
  2. Click Here!

3. Toallhisdoom

guess i should post this
    fish list:
    foxface
    yellow tang
    lyretail anthias
    2x clowns
    mandarin
    red scooter
    engineer goby
    yasha goby
    cleaner shrimp
    pepermint shrimp

Corals that could be the culprit:
    2x torch coral???
    frogspawn???

Also have a GBTA

4. Marshall O

Marshall O Giant Squid

What size tank? What are your parameters? Filtration?

5. Toallhisdoom

75 gal with adhi 45 sump with about 25gal in it. SWC 160 protein skimmer. refugium in sump.

Paramas are always around perfect. No nitrates, no ammonia. But like i said i will test tonight and post them up. Wont be home till around 7pm.

6. Vinnyboombatz

Vinnyboombatz Giant Squid

7. Toallhisdoom

So should i just remove the fish? I dont want to risk my other fish.... But if its already in the tank is there anything i can do?

8. Click Here!

9. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

Personally I think your fish got stung by a coral or the anemone, perhaps while sleeping.

If the fish is eating and condition does not worsen I would do a wait and see approach.

JM2C

10. Toallhisdoom

Alright. So ill keep a close eye on him and everyone else and make sure to update this it condition worsens. Still open for other opinions as well.

Appreciate the fast responses guys!