What is loudest on your aquarium?

Discussion in '3reef Site Polls' started by Matt Rogers, Nov 22, 2006.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

What is loudest on your aquarium?

1. Fans

20.0%
  2. Sump Pump

22.5%
  3. Skimmer Pump

8.8%
  4. Skimmer

15.0%
  5. Overflow

17.5%
  6. Powerheads

5.0%
  7. Chiller

2.5%
  8. Light Ballasts

1.3%
  9. Other

7.5%
  1. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

My eheim is dead quiet. :confused: Is it new?

Hmmm.. just off the top of my head... maybe cut some pieces of 3/4 hose the length of the pump and rubber band them to the bottom of the pump?

2. Click Here!

3. acenia

acenia Spaghetti Worm

definitely :mad:

4. 90_Berlin_joe

90_Berlin_joe Fire Shrimp

MY CLAKII CLOWN!!!! This guy is so noisy just clicking at anyone who comes near the tank. At first i thought i had a matis. Shocked me though.

5. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

I totally agree with Matt if you 1262 is making a sound might need a cleaning or the impeller drive magnet is scored and out of balance. Or a rock is in there . I ran a 1262 and a 1040 for yrs and they where the best pumps i ever had still working Just no need for them.. Did you remove the sponge filter thing ? I always do it will clog up and that will cause impeller cavitation and the warmer the impeller get more wobble in the shaft bushings. But if you hear it it needs work. :)

6. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

Im gona go with my powerhead. It makes alot of noise. I know this is odd because i have 2 of the same, one is quite as anything and the other is loud hah!

7. chetrod

chetrod Peppermint Shrimp

My fans I plan on correcting that soon somehow. All the other equipment is in my master closet so close the doors then quiet. The drain pipes are durso type returns so they are super quiet.

8. Click Here!

9. fishflyer

fishflyer Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

On my old 55gal at first it was the overflow until I built a modified durso. Then it would have been my skimmer before I upped my return pump to a Rio Hyperflow 14. That thing was no bueno in the noise dept. Have to see how my new 30 gal setup will sound. Quiet is one of the top priority's

10. Covey

Covey Scooter Blennie

Somehow in tank with all that lighting and water movement my noisiest piece of equipment is the MAG 250. At 250gph:p

Anyway some day when I get around to redoing the plumbing on the CR to replace it I am going to haul that MAG out into the yard, put some gansta rap on, and stomp the sucker Micheal Boulton style from "Office Space".

11. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

:lol: I love that movie. "PC Load letter?! What the *&^% does that mean?!" :lol:

12. sssnake

sssnake Montipora Digitata

My puffer spitting.

:p

My tanks are pretty quiet. Once in a blue moon I'll hear a slight gurgling from the output of my 20g skimmer only because the water level has gone down a bit.