what is it good for???

Discussion in 'Reef Lighting' started by powderblu, Aug 21, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. oceanparadise1

oceanparadise1 Fire Squid

4x39 watt t5s, with t5s and mh and cf out, the whole 5 watt per gallon rule gets thrown out the window IMO hold up ill find ya a link :)

2. Click Here!

3. oceanparadise1

Current USA Fluorescent Nova Extreme Fixtures

200 bucks with free shipping, im pretty sure i have a spare 30 inch sundial t5 fixture with new bulbs, it has SLRs and built in timers id let go for 150, and you pay shipping ill try and dig it up and let uk. i could even hold it for ya till you got the money if need be

4. oceanparadise1

wow just seen this post! thats a great deal!!

only think with this is your tank might look yellow because its a 10k bulb with small amount of atinics, bulbs alone to replace this will cost you well over 100 bucks! id spend the extra cast and get t5s, plus you dont need to worry about the extra heat BUT that is an insane deal

5. powderblu

powderblu Astrea Snail

thanks for your help

6. cdeboard

cdeboard Montipora Digitata

a single 150 wont raise the temp that much... i run 2 250's on my tank with no fan.. it sometimes gets a little warm.. no big deal..

also check out aquatraders.com last page of the halides.. a 150w mh bucket with t5 actinics for $99 shipped... people on here complain about odyssea because of their old ballasts.. but I know MANY people with these new systems and they work great.. including me.. and I have a friend who has two of the 150's I mentioned above on a 55 coral tank.

7. oceanparadise1

I would stick with the other one, and not go odessay, they are good bang for the buck but have just heard to many bad reviews about them, in the long run you will be thankful you spent the extra money on a "name" brand.

8. Click Here!

9. powderblu

powderblu Astrea Snail

:uzi::uhoh2:
    so many choices?!?!?!?!?

10. oceanparadise1

Powerblu, what ever you do, dont make the mistake and cut back a few dollars for a okay fixture. Thats where problems start. Get a good fixture now and save the headach for some one else who wants to save 20 bucks. Hope this doesnt come out harsh just trying to make sure you get the right fixture.

11. powderblu

powderblu Astrea Snail

:sunny:thanks for your support, which one do u think i should go for, and what kind of corals that one can thrive in that light?

12. oceanparadise1

The one link provide with the cheap metal hailde for i think 129 shipped? that was a good deal, me personnaly would go with a 4 bulb t5 fixture with slrs. If you cant afford a t5 then the mh is a great deal, but will cost a lot more to replace the bulbs then a t5 will and will also heat up the tank more. Either way you will have a good light and be able to keep any type of corals with either option.