What is all over my LiveRock? (UPDATE)

Discussion in 'ID This!' started by netspawn, Jun 30, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. tank1970

tank1970 Bubble Tip Anemone

Well my flat worm guess was thrown out LOL

Maybe it's just a type of macro algae - do you have tangs or other herbivores that take bites?

I have a tuff of turf algae that looked like a sponge at the start?

I would just wait and see IMO

Last edited: Jul 8, 2011
  2. Click Here!

3. Ron P

Ron P Astrea Snail

Now we're cooking with gas. awesome pics!

I'm not sure through. I've seen sponges in drawings like that before but the full color pix just doesn't seem right to me. seems more cactus like than what this is but it does show that some sponges can have spikes.

I'll have to do some more digging later when I have access to a computer. Ill see if I can dig up more pics. It's seriously difficult to write comments from my phone.

4. netspawn

netspawn Astrea Snail

I appreciate all of your input guys! I love 3reef and its the only place I posted due to the great wealth of knowledge I have grown to love here. This is so baffeling... Why does my tank have to explode with crap I have never seen before? lol I do not think the turbos nor my new Tomini are interested in eating any of it.. Sigh... But I am still waiting for a couple people to chime in here. John at reefcleaners prolly will be my next e-mail out. Any other input that I can give to help just let me know guys. Im at work now but will be able to possibly get a video up on some specimens this evening.
    Cheers!

5. netspawn

netspawn Astrea Snail

So I heard back from reefcleaners.org . My fears were confirmed. He said I have a form of Cyano on my coraline and My LR. Im very sad now..... Well time for more research to find the way to get back to normal again. MODS you have permission to use these pics in the Cyano section. I really just dont want to use any chemicals at all just yet. I will just hope to starve it out and maybe blackout for 3 days. Folowed by some major water changes..