What is all over my LiveRock? (UPDATE)

Discussion in 'ID This!' started by netspawn, Jun 30, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. unclejed

unclejed Whip-Lash Squid

ALRIGHT! ALRIGHT! (ha,ha),

2. Click Here!

3. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

I know it seems like I was yelling or barking, I just did not want 10 pages of debate on cyano vs coralline. Sorry.

1 person likes this.
  4. m2434

m2434 Giant Squid

I can't really tell what I am looking at from the picture. Perhapse the beginning s of ome sort of sponge or turnicate. Do they have little openings "mouths"?

5. Ron P

Ron P Astrea Snail

This..^^

If they try to run away while you siphon a couple out it would tell you something and out of the water you might be able to get a much better pic for us to look at.

6. netspawn

netspawn Astrea Snail

Thank you all for your great posts. Yes I will try and take some better pics of it in the morning. Ok so that coraline I have is really bright red. And the fuzzy things do not move at all. My Lfs said my rock looks "healthy" there's just no way... These things took over with in a week..

7. Vw65bus

Vw65bus Astrea Snail

Looks like some time of sponge, but to be growing as fast as you say I would bet its something else. I'm gonna tag along to see what they really are. Hope you find out and there safe, good luck...

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

8. Click Here!

9. Magnus

Magnus Sharknado

Bivalves?

Looks like small clams of some sort. Can you describe the texture? Do they move? Are they attached to the rock? Do they come off when you mess with them?

10. tank1970

tank1970 Bubble Tip Anemone

Kinda looks like the first time I saw flat worms - if youcan blow them off the rock - I would have to say flat worms - or tuffs of turf algae if it does not come off
    IMO

11. netspawn

netspawn Astrea Snail

Ok well they def. are attached to the rock. I will get some better pics when I get home tonight after work. Some fuzzies appear to be "lifting" off the rock. Some of it just looks like fuzzy material on the rock itself. argh. I will also post up a full params of the tank and all equipment i am running. Thanks again for all your help 3reef!

Last edited: Jul 5, 2011
  12. Jay Reef

Jay Reef Feather Duster

take a turkey baster and blow pressure over the spots. if they fly off, it is most likely flat worms. They look like flat worms to me.