What is a good temp?

Discussion in 'Water Chemistry' started by Puffer Chick, Sep 21, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

right, no sump or fuge

2. Click Here!

3. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

my thermometer is the digital lifegurad little time and temp. It was at 83.7 and has gone down to 83.3 AC has been on for a few hours. So when i eventually get my light on and eventually get fish and corals in my tank, they will be ok to have the light off during the day, and have them on at night instead? tank's in my room, but i would be able to get used to the light of the tank if need be.

4. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

i would have one spot available on the back of my tank as i am no longer using my powerfilter and have had it unpluged for the past few weeks. I plan to take it off, would one of these fans be better than 2 fans sold at lowes? And would it be worth the money

5. Av8Bluewater

Av8Bluewater Giant Squid

Yeah, It's good to have a couple of the regular thermometers as back up. I have 3 plus a controller. The digital is in there to... currently reading 66. Actually 79.

6. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

wow big difference, lol in a way, i'm so glad my tank is taking this long to cycle so i can do some tweaking, and figure out what works and what doesn't

7. pgreef

pgreef Fire Goby

If you can make the fans at Lowes work for you then I'd say go for it. I'm not sure what type of fan you're thinking of. You need some way to mount it effectively. One of those big tall fans on a pole aimed at your tank will work well too.

8. Click Here!

9. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

I would get another thermometer as well, just to cross reference like others stated. I was also worried that maybe you had a coralsuck. But the Life Guards are pretty good.
    But, in all honesty, I think you're going to be at a crossroads. Either the house AC is going to need to be cranked up or you're going to need a chiller. The tank will never be colder than the room temp, no matter how many fans you put on there. If you're blowing 88 degree air at the water, well... ;)

10. pgreef

pgreef Fire Goby

11. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

not really sure what kind i'm looking for either, i'll look around though. But if the Azoo is a better deal, i think i 'll put it on the list of things i need to buy, my c.c. is high at the moment so i cant buy anything new for like a month or so

12. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

ok, i'll take a look, theres only 2 more weeks worth of construction then were FINALLY done :D and as far as weather goes, were currently having Santa Ana's whish is VERY hot and very dry, it was 91 outside, so that's why it's been like an oven inside.