What I'm doing until I have a tank..

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by Chance, Mar 22, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Chance

Chance Bubble Tip Anemone

Some of you may or may not know that I have moved a lot recently, the latest move was 1500 miles from the greater Cleveland, OH. area all the way to Austin, TX. I was unable to bring any of my equipment with me, so I'm what we all fear.

Being Tankless..

So other than just working my normal job and applying for a 2nd job all over creation, I've been looking for something similar to reefing to bide my time!

I think I've found something similar.. but completely different. I give you the Aloe Vera plant.

Aloe vera is a succulent plant species that is found only in cultivation, having no naturally occurring populations, although closely related aloes do occur in northern Africa.[3] The species is frequently cited as being used in herbal medicine since the beginning of the first century AD. Extracts from A. vera are widely used in the cosmetics and alternative medicine industries, being marketed as variously having rejuvenating, healing, or soothing properties.​

[​IMG]

How it's similar to reefing!

• It relies on photosynthesis to grow.
    • It involves water. (Kind of..)
    • It requires high amounts of lighting.
    • The substrate is always dirty. (heh..)
    • There's always some new kind of bug..
    • It's actually pretty fun to learn something new.

How it's nothing like reefing!
    • It's a plant.

2. Click Here!

3. dsmerf214

dsmerf214 Fire Shrimp

4. Todd_Sails

Todd_Sails Giant Squid

I've lived in Austin TX. for many years, that was years ago.

You lucky dog you!

Hook 'em Horns!

You sir, are in a place where greatness occurs.

5. Chance

Chance Bubble Tip Anemone

I really like being here so far! The weather is wayyyy nicer than NE Ohio xP I live by Southwestern University and we have season tickets! It's their first time having a football team in a long time, so they use the local High School's stadium. :p