What have you done to your set up today?

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by Todd_Sails, Apr 26, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. GAZBO

GAZBO Fire Shrimp

Just got back from WSU, sitter inlaw graduated Vet school and then went straight to my tank cleaned off the bubble algae and scraped the glass and added two more PH trying to get rid of my cyano with bubble algae. Been an ongoing battle and hopefully my hammerhead and toadstool leather wont be to upset over the extra flow. Need to get more emeralds ordered to get rid of the bubble algae once and for all.

2. Click Here!

3. Jmanyoma

Jmanyoma Astrea Snail

Those bubble algae are horrible.

I finally painted the back glass of my 5 gallon nano and added 2 hermit crabs and 2 snails to see how they survive. My No2 and No3 levels were 0 and ph was perfect with lights off. Only thing that was high was my ammonia but i did a water change as soon as i got home.

4. barbianj

barbianj Hammer Head Shark

Bought a new fish, some NLS pellets, and some frozen fish fillets for the big guys. Emptied the skimmer cup, changed a filter sock, and tested alk on the reef tank.

5. GAZBO

GAZBO Fire Shrimp

Yea I hope my issues are just flow I tested my water everyweek after the big move and showed no No2,No3, ammonia, and phosphate never got above .09 so hopefully this is the cure.

6. RickM

RickM Astrea Snail

Just got back from Coral Farmers Market, dipped and added frags to quarantine. Hooked up the Cole Palmer pump to calcium reactor.

7. zoo 4 life

zoo 4 life Coral Banded Shrimp

Made some "walls" on my 6"x6" homemade eggcrate frag rack so the hermit crabs/unchin will quit trying to steal my frags.

I made a PAR-38 LED light hanging bar out of PVC, painted it black and glued it all together. I was really impressed I could get a 10' PVC pipe in my "little" G35 and still get the trunk to close! Thank goodness for the back seat pass through! Came out pretty neat, I have it attached to the side of my 29 gallon stand with some clamps and I gave myself plenty of room to move it up or down if I want.

8. Click Here!

9. jkat21

jkat21 Bangghai Cardinal

Just got soaked and frustrated pulling some crazy red long fast growing algae and bubble algae from my tank and then cleaned out the skimmer... double ugh...one day ill figure out where all my extra nutrients are coming from..tomorrow i will clean the glass...

10. Biocube

Biocube Giant Squid

1. Increased LEDs 5% more
    2. Tested water
    3. Fed supplements
    4. Made some fresh RODI water for ATO
    5. Cleaned MP10 Wet Side
    6. Cleaned Glass

11. Todd_Sails

Todd_Sails Giant Squid

Well,

I'm always tinkering!

The last few days,
    - I got my DIY Phosguard reactor hooked up and working.
    it did make my water a little cloudy, but it did clear up
    and it seems to have made my PS put out more bubbles, despite adjustment
    - I re plumbed the bottom of my intake in the sump so it gives the P skimmer more room between it and my reverse durso where it empties into the sump. Quiet!
    - I had to clean my Koralias and my MJ's so they flowed better and made less noise.
    - I vacuumed tube most of my Cyano spots during a 10 g water change and left my LED's off most of the day in an effort to control my small amout of Cyano.
    - Tested all my params- awesome
    -Sat in my recliner loveseat, which faces my DT, no TV in my family room

12. Reef Madness

Reef Madness Flamingo Tongue

Adjusted the timer for my 10k lights. Feed the clownfish some NLS pellets. Picked up an acro frag from the sand bed. Cleaned the front of the glass. Looked at my sump plumping in disgust because the flexable tubing (that the lfs convensed me to use) leaks any time that i close the ball valve to get water to my sump. Thought about the pvc plumping that I need to get started on, but dont have the time. Shook off some hair algae from a couple frags, due to 0 flow to the fuge now... Feed some NLS pellets to my wife and son's cichlid tanks. FINISHED the framing for my aquarium stand for my fish room... errr... living room. Jumped on 3 reef for a break/growing the balls to start cutting the 4'x8' finish board for the sides of the stand on my table saw.